Author Topic: Petunia - the Silver 04 GD1 Sport Jazz  (Read 15408 times)

guest3364

Petunia - the Silver 04 GD1 Sport Jazz
« on: September 06, 2012, 01:01:15 PM »
Hi All

First propper post now I've finally bought a little Jazz. We really wanted a yellow one as this car is for my partner and she really wanted a yellow jazz! However after looking around we just couldnt justify the extra price tag, went to see a few other colours and they where all over priced and in a big mess, then out the blue I stumbled upon this little beauty!

Ouchies :(

04 plate Satin/Alabaster Silver (I think?) Jazz sport with 65K miles, FHSH, one owner from new.
Loving it so far, so easy to drive and so smooth - such a change from a decade of civic ownership (2nd, 3rd and mainly 5th gens), Only thing so far is I cant quite get used to being so 'high' up in driving position (yes Ive lowered the seat as far as I can) just so used to being sat on the floor in an EG civic its gonna take some getting used to!

Have started with a few little silly mods, have got some plans for a mugen front grill, optional spoiler (who doesnt?), full set of OEM floor mats, K&N filter, better wheels and maybe drop the ride hight, but we live in a naf area of bolton so ill be holding off on the exterior 'looks' mods till we move next year.

Engine:
Spoooooon Oil Cap
Spoooooon Rad Cap

Suspension:
Standard 4x4 spec!

Brakes:
Standard

Wheels:
Scuffed Standard Sport 15" alloys with none brand tires :(

Interior:
Mugen Alloy Pedals
ITR Titanium Shift Knob
Samsung GS2 Car dock
Standard front car mats with JDM EG6 rears for the moment

Exterior:
Scratched bonnet :(

Needs some love and care to bring her back to glory but ill get there slowly :) not gonna go as mental as i have in the past - although its highly tempting, but the car is going to be my gf's when she learns to drive and our family car so I better not go too crazy!

Thanks for looking!

Rachel

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
Re: Lucille - the Silver 04 GD1 Sport Jazz
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 02:05:22 PM »
Looking forward to your updates  8)

guest3161

• Topic Starter
Lucille - the Silver 04 GD1 Sport Jazz
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 08:48:04 PM »
Welcome Rachel! I remember your black EG from years back.

I said I wouldn't go crazy with my jazz, but coilovers make it so much better haha.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 09:32:56 AM »
Nice version, with any used vehicle I would take a look at the condition of the engine oil, if needs be change using quality oil & Honda Oil Filter then search ebay for the floormats for the correct model.
Make sure the spare wheel is at correct pressure and jack & wheel brace are both in the boot.
Enjoy your Jazz!

guest1817

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 01:58:13 PM »
Finally found one then!

8)

guest3364

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 09:22:18 AM »
Thanks all!

Jeez my old black EG6 - wich i didnt remember that car, it hated me lol!

Dont worry, 1st thing I do when I buy any car is give them a once over and a service, currently getting all the parts together for it, got a new hamp oil filter, just won a set of 8 brand new OEM 'honda' spark plugs on ebay for £20, got some oil for engine/gbox change. Just need a new air filter and ill get cracking on it!

However I spent yesterday applying undercoat/waxoil to the under rear chassis/arms/brake lines etc - I was pritty shocked how corroded the rear beam was - took me forever to wire brush everything and paint it all up nice. Just got the front end to do when the weather is nice again!

Also just ordered a new centre section and back box as the units on the car are incredibelly rusty - im guessing never been changed since the factory.

Once new exhaust is on, the service I might even give her a wash outside and wax before the autumn sets in and lazyness takes over lol

Rachel

guest3364

• Topic Starter
Re: Petunia - the Silver 04 GD1 Sport Jazz
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 09:00:19 AM »
A few little updates,

Firstly Glad I bought a new exhaust as the old one decided to fall to bits about 2 days after my last post so once that arrived and I got a few new gaskets I set to fitting it:

The studs/nuts connecting the cat to the centre section had become undestinguishable lumps of rusted metal, so I had to remove the cat from the manifold and angle grind off the three studs then bash them out with a hammer -  which was annoying but no big deal.

What was annoying was to remove the cat I firstly had to unplug two sensors - one from the back of the engine with about 2ft of cable clipped every 5mm ... ok ok slight exageration but when your squishing your hands down the back of the engine it sure feels like it! Second sensor I had to remove the trim around the gear leaver - no big deal apart from apparently screws are not good enough for honda these days, and even decent plastic clips are a step too far - no no lets use crappy pop in clips that are use once and throw away - who needs an environment??!!?? Fortunatly having spares from many many many civics I replaced them with decent removable plastic clips that are just as good (on right in pic below)

Last thing that narked me was that the standard exhaust system had NO GASKET between the cat and the centre section - whats that about??? >:(

Anyway All fitted ok and only £75 in total, its no spoooooooom sports but its nice and quiet. :)

While the car was up on jacks and wheels off, I thought I would test fit my old purple alloys which have graced nearly every honda ive owned in the last 8years!

Not sure purple goes with silver and they are far from mint contion so I might sell them and get some more suited, or have them reconned...

Ive just bought a new sunvisor clip (one was broken) and 8 side skirt clips to replace the broken ones on the passenger side - cost me near £20 for 9 cheap plastic clips but thats why we love teh honda right? :)
Also bought a OEM copy of the jazz workshop manual to aid me and an OEM replacement fuel filter - which looks interesting to fit - may do a how2 on that :)

Rachel

guest3040

• Topic Starter
Re: Re: Petunia - the Silver 04 GD1 Sport Jazz
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 09:27:06 AM »
Second sensor I had to remove the trim around the gear leaver - no big deal apart from apparently screws are not good enough for honda these days, and even decent plastic clips are a step too far - no no lets use crappy pop in clips that are use once and throw away - who needs an environment??!!?? Fortunatly having spares from many many many civics I replaced them with decent removable plastic clips that are just as good (on right in pic below)

Hi Rachel,
Are those pop-in clips you mention from the front of the centre console, under the dash?
If so, they are meant to be reused, not thrown away.
Once the clip is out, open up the tabs and push the pin out the way it went in.
To reinstall, insert the clip body into the relevant hole, then press the centre clip in so it ends up sitting flush.
No need to throw them away.

Sorry to hear about your trouble getting the rusted bolts off of your cat.
Mine were pretty bad too, but I cleaned all the rust off with a heavy wire brush, then (after a good soak in WD-40) used a tight fitting ring spanner to remove them.

You just need to lower your car now, lol. ;)

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 01:31:38 PM »
My daughter's cat's name is Petunia, but she has 4 legs, not wheels
If music be the food of love, play on

guest2928

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 02:14:54 PM »
Is that a Civic gear knob you have? I'm looking at buying one of these; but wondered if it was a direct fit? Does it make gear changing any better? Currently, I find my 'golf ball' style one to be a little robotic!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380478199460?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

guest3364

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 09:08:42 PM »
Lo all

Long time no post i know, lifes been...intresting the last few months.

On the JAzz side of things, shes got a full service:

New NKG plugs
New Oil filter + oil change
New Fuel Filter (god what a pita to change!)
New Air Filter
Fixed the side skirt with new fittings from mr H and some repair work to the skirt itself to reinforce the brackets.

guess which fuel filter is the OEM new one :lol:

Anywho.... life has unfortunately come into play and the car will very very soon be up for sale if anyone's interested pm me :)

Rachel

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 09:15:51 PM »
where on the car are the rusty scratches they look bad a real shame

guest3364

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 09:13:27 PM »
Scratches are on the bonnet - im hoping to get a second hand good condition bonnet to swap over before i sell the car on as well as a fresh set of OEM floor mats :)

Forgot to say as well, I fitted brand new disks and pads front and rear over Christmas as they where highlighted on the mot in November as being a concern.

As soon as ive done the bonnet ill post a for sale thread.

Rachel

Tags:

anything