Author Topic: Milano Red Paint Query  (Read 16022 times)

Boanerges

• Approved Member
Milano Red Paint Query
« on: December 05, 2010, 10:00:51 AM »
I shall shortly be taking delivery of a red 2005 1.4 SE, the paintwork of which is looking a little 'tired'.

With previous solid coloured cars I've used T-cut and wax polish to restore the shine but I'm aware that paint technology has moved on since then.

Can anyone tell me if it is safe to cut Milano Red or does it have a coating of clear lacquer like the metallics and require different treatment?

I'd appreciate advice on this as I don't want to do any damage to the wife's new toy.

Brian

Berisford

• Approved Member
Re: Milano Red Paint Query
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 11:49:23 AM »
It won't 'cut', it's got the clear stuff over the red.

Bit of a bugger really, my 2004 (recently sold) was starting to show signs of fading, only thing I could do was a good coating of the coloured polish but even that didn't do much good.

I'm a big fan of red vehicles but the fact is the paint doesn't stand up to the sun / weather. My 2004 VW van is going the same way but at least I can 'cut' the VW.

A mate has a 10 year old Focus in red and it looks terrible, no chance of reserecting it no matter how much T-Cut he uses.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 04:20:40 PM »
Red cars are always the first to fade.  If you look at prices of Jazz GD the Red one (non metallic paint) was the cheapest by quite a few hundred quid - I wonder why? 

On the subject of car paint, I have had quite a few cars over the years - the worst was a white one, always looked dirty and white paint is almost impossible to match.  Another one I had was dark metallic blue Civic VTEC, lovely colour but impossible to keep clean.  I now have a metallic silver Jazz GD and it gets waxed once a year but hardly ever cleaned and it never looks too bad :D

I notice that white cars are once again coming into fashion - I wonder if the buyers realise how often they will need to clean them :(
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Berisford

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 05:14:27 PM »
If you look at prices of Jazz GD the Red one (non metallic paint) was the cheapest by quite a few hundred quid - I wonder why? 

That'd be because Honda, in line with most manufactures, charge MORE for metallic paint, not LESS for solid colours!

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 11:32:38 AM »
Red is a great colour, just ask for more £££££'s off the price!

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 11:53:16 AM »
For some reason Vauxhall red appears to the worst for paint fade of all the red cars.

guest1583

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 09:40:36 AM »
Im using autoglym car shampoo and after it aqua wax
really good protection from rain but not on sunny days.. :D

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 07:17:07 PM »
After I have polished my car I give it a coat of Turtle Wax Gloss Guard.  Quick and easy to apply, makes the paint even more shiny and lasts for months. I did mine in late summer and the rain still forms beads on the roof.

guest5132

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 07:08:54 PM »
I'm trying to find the paint code on my Milano Red (apparently). Any ideas where it might be and what it might look like?

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 07:51:17 PM »

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 12:17:13 PM »
The paint code is on a plate on the inside of the passenger door on my car. I bought a touch-up pot on ebay which seems a good match on my car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270817750522

guest5505

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 06:42:20 PM »
I spent 2 hours last night t cutting and waxing my red jazz, but didn't understand why the paint was not coming off with the t cut. Mine was pinky and the t cut has brought off quite a bit of hardened dirt, so it does look a bit brighter now, but not looking as good as I would have hoped.

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 06:56:44 PM »
I believe the top layer of finish is a layer of clear gloss Lacquer even on the solid paint Milano Red and so T cut will only add shine to the top layer and not remove the paint colour below it.

Tags:

anything