Author Topic: Driving Assessment.  (Read 4980 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Driving Assessment.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 02:28:28 PM »
Get it framed!

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2018, 03:26:25 PM »
Get it framed!
+1

Congratulations, Jocko!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 09:03:04 PM »
Congratulations!!

The advice on long drives is probably sound. I like frequent breaks. My bladder ensures that these are taken ;)
Same here. My target is no more than two hours between stops. I'm a National Trust member so longer journeys are planned around a map of NT places. As a member it costs nothing to only stay long enough for some fresh air and relief.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 09:41:21 PM »
Congratulations!!

The advice on long drives is probably sound. I like frequent breaks. My bladder ensures that these are taken ;)
Same here. My target is no more than two hours between stops. I'm a National Trust member so longer journeys are planned around a map of NT places. As a member it costs nothing to only stay long enough for some fresh air and relief.

Same here and a much better alternative to many motorway service areas.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2018, 10:01:16 PM »
It is never a good idea to drive with a full bladder. The damage that this can cause, in a serious accident, is well recorded. It causes a "hydraulic lock", and can rupture the bladder. And even in the unlikely event of that happening, can you imagine the embarrassment, on top of the other trauma, of wetting yourself while waiting to be cut out of your vehicle? Much better just to stop regularly. When my kids were small I could plot a route anywhere round Scotland, just by toilets my daughter would use!

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2018, 08:20:03 AM »
Good posting and result for yourself

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2018, 08:52:13 AM »
The old question I used to ask "wet leaves and ice on the road, which will cause the accident?".  :)
When I was an apprentice, I was working on a lathe and did the usual mistake of winding the cross head twice as much as I needed (radius instead of diameter).  I went to find the instructor and told him “The lathe has taken off too much metal”.  We went back to the lathe and stood side by side for about half a minute during which time nothing was said.  Eventually I said to him “what’s wrong?”.  He replied “Nothing, I’m just waiting for it to happen again so that I can give it a good telling off”.

guest5079

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2018, 09:31:24 AM »
Well done Jocko, it certainly worth framing being a definite achievement. Next step is to 'inform' your Insurers or future ones, the hard hearted  number crunchers might give you a discount to offset the future increases for age .
As to stopping frequently, whilst a long time ago, on the police driving course we were not allowed to drive for more than an hour at a time as it was felt that an hour of highly stressed and concentrated driving was plenty enough. Also stops for tea and pee  were programmed into the days 'drive', with a lunch break where a cooked meal was provided. At the end of a days driving early on in the course, you felt utterly exhausted so when  I see Jeezer, Hamster and Capt Slow  drive for hideous hours and mileage I do feel concerned especially as they are certainly not hanging about.
They might feel they are good drivers BUT tiredness is a killer.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2018, 09:36:26 AM »
Congratulations!!

Same here and a much better alternative to many motorway service areas.

+1

Been a member since Adam was a small boy,  both here and overseas (many former and existing commonwealth countries have affiliated trusts and cards from one can normally be used at properties in other countries).  At least you know any money spent is going to a good cause and NT properties are well worth a visit.

PS I think we are wandering of topic again - but who cares,  enjoy the journey  :) ( I think the Jazz is the official NT members car as well - considering how many I see at properties  :o   ) 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 09:55:59 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2018, 10:25:08 AM »
PS I think we are wandering of topic again
Just as well my assessment was for driving and not cognitive thought. I can happily wander from one narrative to another and sometimes even back again. I think it's an age thing!

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2018, 02:28:51 PM »
It is never a good idea to drive with a full bladder. The damage that this can cause, in a serious accident, is well recorded. It causes a "hydraulic lock", and can rupture the bladder. And even in the unlikely event of that happening, can you imagine the embarrassment, on top of the other trauma, of wetting yourself while waiting to be cut out of your vehicle? Much better just to stop regularly. When my kids were small I could plot a route anywhere round Scotland, just by toilets my daughter would use!

Wondering even more off topic this post puts me in mind of when I was having treatment for my dodgy prostate. Chatting with fellow sufferers as you do at the hospital one chap told me about an incident where he was stuck on the M56. As the pressure built up, he became more and more desperate and managed to leave at the next junction where he encountered a hotel (in Daresbury near Warrington if anybody knows it). He screeched into the car park, leapt out of his car and barged his way through a high powered business meeting knocking a few drinks over in the process. After that he always carried a bottle! Smoothie bottle very good - nice wide neck 8)

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2018, 11:41:13 AM »
Well done Jocko.  :D

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2018, 09:07:00 AM »
Indeed, well done Jocko.

A good result, and nice comments from the tester, I'm not sure I would have managed a perfect score like that. I just don't get the same enjoyment from driving that I used to, and consequently concentration wanders and errors creep in. If I am on my own, I also drive too far in one go, especially if I want to get home.

Tags: