Author Topic: Tyre repair gunge  (Read 5059 times)

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Tyre repair gunge
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2018, 09:54:14 AM »
You're all bonkers, just get one of these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-JAZZ-LOGO-14-INCH-SPACE-SAVER-WHEEL-115-70-14-BRIDGESTONE-TYRE/264041750964?hash=item3d7a1d61b4:g:WWgAAOSwbKdb7Y6g:rk:6:pf:0

If i could repair a tyre at roadside in any way I would prefer it to spacesaver - which should really be a last resort, they are horrible to drive on, I would always put spacesaver on rear which may involve moving wheels around if puncture in a front tyre.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2018, 07:18:40 PM »
Sorry but i completely disagree, they get you going and off to a garage, or would you rather grovel at the road side with your can of gunge that might not work ?

John A

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2018, 07:42:02 PM »
Sorry but i completely disagree, they get you going and off to a garage, or would you rather grovel at the road side with your can of gunge that might not work ?

I've got both, if the gunge gets me going then it'll have been the easiest, quickest solution and definitely safest if you're on a motorway etc. If the gunge doesn't work, then I'll accept it's not going to be the easiest or quickest or safest solution to get me home.

YMMV etc etc  :D

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2018, 07:51:24 PM »
IMHO best bet is a full size spare, you can then continue any journey with no issues or worries till you can get your damaged tyre fixed or repaired.

Next best is a spacesaver as you can still continue your journey albeit at a slower, more careful speed but getting a replacement will be more urgent.

Next in the list for me would be the gunge can, better than nothing, it might (or might not) repair your tyre at the roadside temporarily but will ultimately ruin it, as it will most likely not be repairable afterwards. Although I do get John A's point about danger on a fast road, so a can would at least be quicker if it works.

Worst of all of course is nothing.

I have to agree with coffeecup, your all bonkers....

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2018, 08:16:55 PM »
https://www.holtsauto.com/holts/products/tyreweld/

This will inflate and seal tyre at same time, and unlike the gunge you don't have to take the valve core out.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2018, 10:43:24 PM »
https://www.holtsauto.com/holts/products/tyreweld/

This will inflate and seal tyre at same time, and unlike the gunge you don't have to take the valve core out.

It does look better than other tyre repair cans, I'd still prefer a spare wheel but if I was buying a can, I'd buy this, thanks for the info Culzean.

Tags: