Author Topic: Reverse parking sensors  (Read 1658 times)

toojazzy

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 SE Sport cvt automatic
Reverse parking sensors
« on: May 04, 2019, 08:50:31 AM »
Hi all
Got a lovely 16 year old jazz se sport. Lots of extras for something so old. One issue I have though is the reverse parking sensors. Every time I select reverse the beeper immediately starts and stays on until I’m out of reverse again. Not much help when trying to fit in tight spaces especially when my 7 month old is asleep on the back.

My question is are they easy to fix? ie does the whole system have to be redone or just the sensors on the rear bumper? I have no idea what I’m looking for in terms of replacement so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks lads and ladies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan976

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 1 Gd 2004,dsi cvt 1.4
Re: Reverse parking sensors
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 10:49:46 AM »
Hi,

Are they factory fitted or after market? I fitted after market ones the orientation was important. Leave the car in reverse with the ignition on. Disconnect one rear sensor at a time  and then plug it back in ,you may find one of the sensors is seeing the ground and is causing the issue. If the beeper stops art the removal of the offending sensor plug
You can try rotating the sensor and see if you can make the stop. Depending on the access to the sensor ( Mine I have to lay under the car so the sensor does not pick me up)

Hth

Ben

toojazzy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 SE Sport cvt automatic
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 11:14:58 AM »
They are currently the factory fitted ones. They look quite well worn that’s for sure. I’ll give that a go and see how it works.
Otherwise can you replace the individual sensors themselves or is it more hassle than it’s worth?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan976

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 1 Gd 2004,dsi cvt 1.4
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 12:56:05 PM »
You can check to see if each individual rear sensor is working by putting the car in reverse with the ignition on. Bend down with your each next to a sensor. Touch the sensor each tap of the sensor will produce a faint but audible sound, repeat for each sensor.

I have identified that one of my sensors is not working using this above mentioned technique.

Given the car is 16 years old then it's a judgement call as to what is best for you. I don't know your diy ability. So if your into diy, I would give it a go, failing that you can get dirt cheap Chinese rear sensors kit.

As for individual sensors, knowing Honda they probably only sell you 4 sensors but that is only my guess.

Have a look on eBay they do the whole kits and individual sensors, note that some come unpainted. The ones I have came painted Black to match the car.

I would be tempted to borrow a sensor just to make sure that is the fault.
Ben
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 02:01:39 PM by Brendan976 »

Tags:

anything