Author Topic: Honda launch advertising disappointing  (Read 3159 times)

guest1521

Honda launch advertising disappointing
« on: July 12, 2014, 11:46:03 PM »
Here in NZ 2015 Jazz is being launched. TV adverts show new shape and 'jazzy' bright colours. That's all. And they do offer bright colours out here, some I very much like. But why oh why would I buy a Jazz over any other?! Lots of competitors have striking exterior design and could offer bright colours, too.

It'll be interesting to see if Honda follow up with ads majoring on Jazz's point of difference - extreme functionality, versatility and interior space for its footprint. For now, I despair. Driving a Mk 1 Ford Focus just now, I'm reminded of the clever Jazz every time I need to load the rear to full luggage capacity: I have to remove the rear headrests, shuffle both front seats forward to make space, then collapse the rear seats, shuffle front seats back to 'easy entry' position. What a hassle! I could load all the luggage in the time it takes to do that... Then it's a repeat of the hassle to reinstate the rear for passengers. By comparison, the Jazz is just one button, drop. Other button, drop. All done ready to load.

The back seat space for passengers is not as roomy as Jazz, either.

By comparison the interior of the Jazz is so well designed and engineered... While it's interior space advantage is due to the unique - to Jazz and Civic - central (safer, too) location of its fuel tank. And no competitor can easily match it.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
Re: Honda launch advertising disappointing
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 11:42:29 AM »
Interesting to see the range offered in NZ - S, RS, RS Sport and Mugen.

Where are the basic comfort models for the old people!? :)

The range offered in Australia is much more ordinary.  Is is a different target market for Jazz in NZ?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:44:00 AM by Rory »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Honda launch advertising disappointing
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 04:30:04 PM »
My recollection from a holiday in NZ in 2011 is that many of the Jazzes there had a tow hook on the back (and they came in a more exciting selection of colours than offered in UK). This might explain the marketing being biased towards the more sporty versions which appeal to the younger purchasers (and have the capability to pull something).
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: