Author Topic: Mud flaps  (Read 1267 times)

Izzy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 SE Jazz
Mud flaps
« on: July 14, 2018, 10:37:42 PM »
Whilst there was nowt on telly this afternoon I decided to wash and polish the Honda mud flaps so I took them off to my surprise they were full of damp mud upon further investigation the OE drain hole had clogged up with mud so washed out and whilst they were off I drill another drain hole  to help the water/mud escape and then polished them put them back on quite pleased with my little self stopping a mud build up on each corner  :D :D

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Mud flaps
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 08:23:52 AM »
Mud!
Haven't seen that stuff for weeks.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 12:56:28 PM »
Anything that traps water or salty mud is bad news,  the plastic underguarding on wheel arches was probably responsible for adding 10 years to life of a car before corrosion took it ( mud used to cake up under wheel arches and every time it got wet the salt in it would be re-activated). After accidents police used to look for a pile of mud on the road to establish the impact point).   Cars do not get mudflaps as standard any more - if they did (especially rear ones) it may prevent a lot of the cracked windscreens we get. 
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Izzy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 SE Jazz
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 11:22:59 PM »
Its just a heads up for people so that when detailing there cars to make sure the mud can escape and while your down on your knees make sure the door drains are clear as well

Tags:

anything