Author Topic: Honda Healthcheck  (Read 1646 times)

guest7483

Honda Healthcheck
« on: February 22, 2018, 08:52:34 PM »
Hi all

Has any body had a complimentary health check and is it worth it?

Also will it be free if I go in for a recall on my airbag?

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Honda Healthcheck
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 09:36:02 PM »
Hi Molly - at the dealers I have used, 2 in all, Honda seem to do a health check whenever you take the car in. I've never been charged for it. It's just a check list of all the main safety items from what I can see.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 06:09:07 AM »
I had a free health check when I had my airbags replaced. They pointed out that my front tyres were getting to the point of needing replaced, but no pressure to let them do it.
I also got a free courtesy car both times mine went in for recall work.

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 06:30:50 AM »
Hi Molly, most main dealers will carry out some sort of health check every time they have a car in, there are various reasons for this, to make sure it is safe to use, to quote you for any work that is required and to avoid any legal responsibility if you drive away in a dangerous car.

Ask in advance if the check is free, if it's free you may as well have it done, it may highlight a problem you aren't aware of. Remember you are not obliged to have any work done, don't feel embarrassed to ask questions or decline any qoutes or to go elsewhere for a 2nd opinion, local smaller garages are usually cheaper than franchised main dealers as they have lower overheads and usually use cheaper "copy" parts not made by honda, although most will get genuine Honda parts of you ask but they'll be dearer than copy parts.

In the past I've found Honda dealers to be honest and responsible but a bit pricey, if they quote for expensive work it is definitely worth getting a 2nd opinion elsewhere to give you an informed choice.

Hope this helps.
Mick

guest7483

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 06:44:57 AM »
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I'll get it booked in today for the recall and check over.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 02:28:56 PM »
I had a free health check when I had my airbags replaced. They pointed out that my front tyres were getting to the point of needing replaced, but no pressure to let them do it.
I also got a free courtesy car both times mine went in for recall work.

Same as our 2014 Jazz recent experience.  They got the tyre size wrong though so I've no idea if the price they quoted was correct or not.   If you can't, or don't want, to check the car yourself then by all means get the garage to do it but bear in mind the main thing they're doing is looking for a way to get money out of you.

I was miffed (as detailed in another thread) that they didn't find a problem with the rear brakes even though the noise from the rear had been highlighted.  Brakes were given "green" on the report.

At a second look they found one of the inside rear pads 95% worn.  They were at pains to point out the health check is done on the ground and is a quick visual check.  I'm unhappy about a process that can OK the brakes without them being more completely examined.

I

Tags:

anything