Author Topic: Fitting Polish Side Protection Strips  (Read 2328 times)

guest1053

Fitting Polish Side Protection Strips
« on: October 09, 2009, 02:47:09 PM »
I had seen good mention and feedback on this forum about the Polish Ebay Side Strips so we purchased some. In the box there was no real explanation how to fit them and was wondering if anyone could help; perhaps someone who purchased and fitted also uses this forum. In the attached image i have marked in RED the crease lines in the front and rear bumbers which I assume would be where the TOP EDGE of the strips align with. Using some string I then got a line between these points as shown GREEN. What I am noticing is that the distance from bottom of doors shown YELLOW gives a bigger gap fro A than it does for B. I thought the gaps A and B should ideally be the same. Can anyone help on how best set up the guide lines for the strips please. There was no real info in the box that came with the strips. Or dont A and B need to be same distance; would look funny I assume if not the same dimension from bottom of doors front and rear?

[attachment deleted by admin]

guest1053

• Topic Starter
Re: Fitting Polish Side Protection Strips
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 02:50:45 PM »
Distance "A" seems a good 50+ mm bigger than distance "B"

guest809

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 05:32:52 PM »
Drui, I have not bought these but if and when I do I would go to my local Honda dealership and wander around the used car section. When I did this recently there were loads of examples of cars with the horrible fat genuine parts and a couple of thin ones similar to the Polish ones.

I would probably then take a tape measure (NOT a metal one!!) and with the dealer's permission I would measure the gaps on some actual cars. My intuition is that they should slope gently upwards but this little exercise will soon tell you.

guest1053

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 04:43:44 PM »
good idea altamar, did the trick. THANKS

guest1064

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 06:13:11 PM »
Hey drui

How did you get on? What method did you use and have you got a piccie

thanks...Chip