Author Topic: Jazz 1.5 i-VTec Dynamic, Honda EV concept, CR-V Hybrid, Civic Diesel @ Frankfurt  (Read 2162 times)

guest1372

A new Honda compact EV concept - looks like an old Fiat Abarth to me, but is apparently styled like the Civic CVCC.

http://hondanews.eu/eu/en/cars/media/pressreleases/114051/honda-at-frankfurt-motor-show-20171

Lots of interesting announcements, the 1.5 iVTEC Jazz in Dynamic trim is confirmed with a few less gizmos than the North Americans, but everything else looks like a company pulling in different directions; diesel for the Civic, removing the diesel from the CR-V.

"Honda commits to electrified technology for every new model launched in Europe

- Electrified technology will now feature in every new model launched by Honda in Europe
- Production version of Honda Urban EV Concept confirmed for 2019
- CR-V Hybrid Prototype – Honda’s first electrified SUV in Europe – launches 2018
- Honda Power Manager energy transfer system undergoing European trials in Western France
- Motor Show debuts include Civic diesel, new-look Jazz and two advanced race cars"

....as he unveiled Honda’s new electric vehicle, the Urban EV Concept. “This is not some vision of the distant future; a production version of this car will be here in Europe in 2019,” he added. 

“When appropriate, Power Manager can draw on energy from the EV battery to power the home, and minimise the demand from the main grid,” said Mr Ross. “It even allows energy stored in the EV to be sold back to the grid....”

The CR-V hybrid uses a different style drivetrain design to that of the far-eastern Jazz hybrid.

The two-motor i-MMD (Intelligent Multi-Mode Drive) system in the CR-V Hybrid Prototype comprises an electric propulsion motor, a 2.0-litre i-VTEC four-cylinder Atkinson cycle gasoline engine for electrical energy generation and propulsion, and a separate electric generator motor. The hybrid system does not need a conventional transmission, fitted instead with a single fixed-gear ratio that creates a direct connection between moving components, enabling a smooth transfer of torque within the system.

All-new CR-V will not feature a diesel powertrain in European markets.

--
TG

guest1372

• Topic Starter
I don't quite understand why the EV concept has a long flat bonnet, unless that is also a storage compartment; I thought EV city cars would look like this:

And I think regulations insist on real mirrors rather than cameras, but that panoramic dynamic dash board could be quite appealing.

--
TG

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
The city car concept has the front suspension and steering encroaching into the passenger compartment, reducing passenger space. If you want a 4/5 seater you really have to move the wheels outwith the passenger space. And once you do that you may as well use the space for storage. A "frunk" as Tesla call it!
Probably makes crumple zones easier to manage too. As battery sits below the floor you need to make that of a size to accommodate a big enough battery for the required range.
If physical size is the priority then your first image (Smart car concept) is the way to go.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Some footage of Honda's EV concept @13:57:

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Don't think I will be putting down my deposit on a Honda EV then!

Tags:

anything