Author Topic: Love at first sight.  (Read 1706 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Love at first sight.
« on: August 30, 2017, 09:55:52 AM »
Took my rattle trap into Honda for the airbag recall and they gave me my courtesy car. I thought it would be a Jazz but it is  17 plate CR-V Black Edition i-DTEC. It is a Black Edition, but it is actually silver with black wheels. Lovely.
I wonder if I need to give it back!

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Love at first sight.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 11:01:21 AM »
Subtle sales technique on behalf of the dealer?

Nice cars.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 12:14:04 PM »
Possibly. The info I gave was a load of cack. I checked the details on the DVLA site and the info they gave me on the slip you sign was wrong. It is actually a 2.0L i-VTEC SE+ Just as well I checked before I put diesel in it!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 12:41:59 PM »
Possibly. The info I gave was a load of cack. I checked the details on the DVLA site and the info they gave me on the slip you sign was wrong. It is actually a 2.0L i-VTEC SE+ Just as well I checked before I put diesel in it!

Putting fuel in a courtesy car - you must be one of a kind  :o

A bit off topic..............

I used to work with a guy who was a very good mechanic and would fix workmates cars in his 'spare' time (don't think he had much of that) and he would lend his fairly new Transit Connect van to people while he fixed their cars,  it always amazed me how many handed his van back almost empty - the ars3holes would use his fuel and wouldn't even put a few gallons in return for  his kindness, and he was doing the jobs for a fraction of garage costs.   Some would even get him to take their cars to MOT at his mates garage (he made nothing on it) in the hope he would 'fix' any problems and not get a fail - quite a few never even offered him even 'drink' money - I despair of some peoples sense of right and wrong.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 12:58:03 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 06:57:27 PM »
Got the car back this evening. They had done the window switches. but the airbag arrived damaged and the set was returned. They will get new parts and I am booked in on the 14th to get that job done. Their Health check threw up my front tyres, which were near the limit. I knew they needing replaced before the winter sets in. They offered me a great deal on a couple of tyres so I just got them done while it was in. The car came back all washed and vacuumed out.

Tags:

anything