Author Topic: Hello there  (Read 3393 times)

guest7014

Hello there
« on: July 15, 2017, 08:44:13 AM »
Hi, I m Megan. Bought my first Jazz yesterday as an additional vehicle. Also got a Toyota Hiace van that me and my partner use for work. Got the Jazz as im sick of driving a big vehicle + any tools etc that might be in it everywhere we go. Looking forward to seeing some reductions in fuel costs! Didn't have a massive budget so purchased a 54 plate with 80000 on the clock for £895, ended up with a sunroof, definitely not something I was after but my 2 year old might get some entertainment from it. Already found this forum very useful when figuring out what to buy, so cheers guys.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Hello there
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 09:39:07 AM »
Welcome, Megan. I am on my first Jazz and I find it brilliant. Fuel consumption is amazing and with the low tax (mine is a 1.2 litre) I am saving a fortune. The "magic" seats, in the rear, are so versatile. Mine is a 56 plate and had 87K when I got it. Now approaching 97K.
Plenty advice and general chat to be had here so make the most of the knowledge base.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 02:15:33 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

guest7014

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 04:36:28 PM »
Cheers, yeah nearly went for a 1.2 but we go camping quite a bit and thought it best to go for a little extra power to carry all our gear!  :)

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 01:09:12 AM »
Sunroof is excellent for the long bits of pipe/wood from the diy store - 2.4m bits of wood fit inside just fine, but seeing as you have the van just enjoy the air while driving around.  My hunt for a new car with an opening sunroof is ongoing, only about 1 in 400 has one these days.
--
TG

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 09:41:12 AM »
Personally I don't like sunroofs. My last three cars all had sunroofs and in the 25 years I owned them I could count on my fingers the number of times I opened them back, other than checking every spring that they still worked. Needless to say they were not a deciding factor when I bought the cars. On the two that did not have air con I would tip them open, on a hot day, keeping the blind closed, but the Volvo had air con so I never used the sun roof at all.

guest7014

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 08:10:08 AM »
Aha, great tip TG re sunroof, my partner is a carpenter!

Tags:

anything