Author Topic: DAB radio......  (Read 3134 times)

fatlad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 1.4 se
DAB radio......
« on: December 16, 2016, 06:16:26 PM »
Heard an ad on radio saying that any radio can have a DAB adaptor fitted.

Has anyone had one &
1) how/where does it fit
2) does it work

Thanks
Mark
'deny everything Baldrick'

guest1372

Re: DAB radio......
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 08:51:34 PM »
I have an Autodab Go, but there's also the Pure Highway range.  I like the Go because it also does bluetooth and I let my phone sync a lot of podcasts.

Two things to consider - where to put the control panel, and use an existing or a glass mount aerial.  The adaptors either need to feed the Aux input, or re-transmit on FM.
--
TG

fatlad

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 1.4 se
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 09:22:19 PM »
hi Toby

how does it look & perform? - any pics?

i take it works with the normal radio...

be honest..was it worth it?

thanks

Mark
'deny everything Baldrick'

guest1372

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 08:06:44 PM »
Got fed up of listening to 5live on AM, and I like 6music.  Bought a cheap one with a broken power socket for £25 but had to spend another £15 on an aerial adaptor and 50p on a new socket.  They come up on eBay when people upgrade their cars from time to time so maybe set up a search alert.  Goes to a spare FM button or the Aux.
Biggest problem I have is finding a good place for it and the wires, currently have it stuck in front of the hazzard light switch.  Quite tempted to drill a hole for the wiring, as I can always stick an air freshener over the hole when I sell the car eventually.

Podcasts or iPlayer radio downloads sent to a bluetooth>FM adaptor are the cheap/easy way to get better things to listen to on the cheap.
--
TG

Tags:

anything