Author Topic: Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax - paste waxes revisited  (Read 6722 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax - paste waxes revisited
« on: April 16, 2016, 01:56:30 PM »
I've always looked after my cars but, since retirement, have upped my game a bit from the occasional application of Turtle Wax. I have been using Autoglym Super Resin Polish topped off with Extra Gloss protection but as I was running low on these I decided to try something a bit different.

I have bought some Bilt Hamber Double Speed wax as a last stage/protection coating. It's a solid or paste wax and I haven't used one of these for more years than I care to remember. This is mainly because I have distant memories of hard waxes being a pig to buff off.

Anyway this stuff comes with a sponge applicator and a large microfibre. It was a dream to use and buffed off really easily. The trick, apparently, is to buff off no more than 5 or 10 mins after application. Following this guideline it was really easy to use.

You can get this at Halfords (some branches) and Amazon sell it but I paid just £13 from www.polishedbliss.co.uk and this was much cheaper than Amazon. Looking at the tin after using it I reckon there is enough for at least 20 applications.

honda_saj

• Registered Member
hope that helps post back and let us know so that others can benefit from the information

guest6296

Re: Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax - paste waxes revisited
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 07:59:39 PM »
I have used all manner of polishes/waxes over the years but nothing comes close to one I found recently - Collinite 845 Insulator Wax. This is a carnauba wax based product, but is so easy to apply and buff up. The beading effect lasts for a long time, despite frequent car washes. I have washed my car 3 times now and the sparkling finish is as good as the first time. It is expensive though but you only need to use a small amount so the bottle should last a long time. Can also be used on alloy wheels which makes removal of dirt/brake dust a doddle.

The only snag is the product is practically impossible to get out of the bottle! The secret is to warm it first in a jug of warm water to liquefy it and then it works like a dream. The car needs to be warm too otherwise it is difficult to spread.

I should add that I have no connection with the company that makes the product - I found it after a lengthy search of reviews on the Internet.

Tags:

anything