20 (21.7%)
35-50
25 (27.2%)
50-65
27 (29.3%)
over 65
18 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Average age of Jazz owners !  (Read 10789 times)

guest1499

Average age of Jazz owners !
« on: September 07, 2010, 11:00:09 PM »
Just wondered what the average age was for Honda Jazz owners. I have been told they are an old persons car  :o, and since being told that ,I have to say that most I see seem to be driven by older people.

How old are folks on this forum ? You don't have to put exact age..ie over 18 under 25 or over 25 under 40 , or something like that.

Ooops just noticed I could have done a poll on this subject..so will do that now..All replies on that

guest869

• Topic Starter
Re: Average age of Jazz owners !
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 06:21:17 AM »
A lot do seem to be driven by older people but that does make them a good second hand buy. I know a few younger people (though we may be older to some people!) that have bought them because they are a very practical small car

I just wish it had more power.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 10:17:53 AM »
I'm in the 25-35 bracket  :D

A lot do seem to be driven by older people but that does make them a good second hand buy. I know a few younger people (though we may be older to some people!) that have bought them because they are a very practical small car

I just wish it had more power.

+1

Yes, you do tend to see mainly the "older" generation or "school run mums" driving Jazzes, but that is due to their practicality.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 03:12:38 PM »
John - why do you wish for more power? We have two 1.4SE GD Jazzes in the house and neither is what I would call lacking in power, even when I am driving carefully I still beat most other cars off the traffic lights and have done many motorway and main road miles without a problem. Remember that more power normally means higher fuel consumption. The Jazz is a fairly light car and IMHO has adequate power.

Just keep away from supermarket fuel, make sure your EGR valve is working OK and enjoy fairly good performance AND good mpg from your Jazz  :)
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 05:11:21 PM »
I was 26 when I bought my jazz second hand, 4 years ago. Still in perfect shape, 0W-30 oil, no supermarket petrol, EGR valve cleaned.

eljuero

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 Comfort
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 09:05:25 PM »
25-35 Me and my better half
But I don't see many new Jazzes here in Slovenia, too expensive I guess, because you can get a higher class car for that kind of money (golf, focus, almost civic hatch) ... at least on the paper.
100+1 HP

guest869

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 09:20:45 PM »
John - why do you wish for more power? We have two 1.4SE GD Jazzes in the house and neither is what I would call lacking in power, even when I am driving carefully I still beat most other cars off the traffic lights and have done many motorway and main road miles without a problem. Remember that more power normally means higher fuel consumption. The Jazz is a fairly light car and IMHO has adequate power.

Just keep away from supermarket fuel, make sure your EGR valve is working OK and enjoy fairly good performance AND good mpg from your Jazz  :)

I have a 1.4 s so it is one of the lighter ones but would like more power for over taking and when carrying big loads. The handling is pretty good (except for the understeer) so I can hustle it through the bends quicker than most but modern cars are generally heavy but powerful. This means the majority are straight line merchants, ie slow through the bends then nail it on the straights. This is frustrating because it is a challenge to get past.

Though I do agree that generally the balance of practicality, economy and performance (except for the chronic understeer) is very good.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 08:09:34 PM »
I'm 29 and was 23 when I bought my first Jazz.

I bought because...well, I liked it :)

guest1499

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 01:00:39 PM »
Well so far only 27 people have taken the poll, but it does point towards the *older* generation being the main owners of Jazz/Fit....unless of course the younger set just doesn't want to admit to it ;D ;D

guest809

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 09:13:03 AM »
My wife was 46 when we bought her Jazz so she has just tipped into the 50+ bracket on your poll.

Build quality & excellent residuals were the main reasons we bought and we have not been disappointed. I do the servicing now it is out of warranty and always use Honda parts and Magnatec oil.

Someone once said if you see a young person driving a Jazz please report it as it is probably stolen!! Not true though as two of our sons love driving it and sometimes choose it over my Merc. :o

guest238

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 06:00:39 PM »
I'm 33 and I bought my first Jazz eight years ago, mainly because I needed something more economical (and cheaper to insure) than a Citroen Saxo VTS!

guest1647

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 04:57:29 PM »
I'm 22 and loving the reactions of my friends when they see me pull up in my Jazz  :P

guest765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 03:05:21 PM »
Im an old fart and love the car....i bought it for my wife but she also wanted a driver (i cant spell chauffeur) plus the consumption against my car....its fine and really good for parking around town too......i only use my own car for long distance and shows now :-*

guest436

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 09:55:17 PM »
My partner is 27 and has a Jazz, but it's fair to say she has little interest in cars! The main reason for choosing the Jazz is the space as we had a baby earlier this year.

guest1925

• Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 09:40:54 PM »
I am in my 30's and have owned a Jazz for 7 years, in fact I now own two.  I love the practicallity of the little car and the amount of legroom in the back for my 6ft+ tall son.

Tags:

anything