Author Topic: Honda Jazz Wireless Remote Problem  (Read 23031 times)

guest1169

Honda Jazz Wireless Remote Problem
« on: December 16, 2009, 05:54:07 PM »
Hey guys, I'm new here so move if necessary

I have a 2003 UK Spec Honda Jazz S and I recently bought another remote key for it because it didn't come with a spare key.
Link

So I looked at the instructions booklet that came with my car:
Disarm the system and immediately turn the inition ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON and within 10 seconds, press the raised button (thats the lock button of an existing handset 3 times. The system will respond  by:
Illuminating the vehicle indicators
Illuminating the system LED

The system is now in key learn mode

Press the raised button of the new handset once and the led will extinguish, press the raised button of the new handset again and the vehicle indicators will extinguish
I tried to follow that and managed to get it in "key learn mode" with my existing remote handset, but when I press the lock/unlock button on my new handset the car doesn't recognise that key and after 15 seconds it reverted back to normal mode. =/

I then tried to ask the person whom I  bought the key off for some key coding instructions and he gave me this:
Entering the programming mode cancels all learned keyless remotes, so none of the previously programmed
 remotes will work.  You must reprogram all of the keyless remotes once you are in the programming mode.

You must complete each step within 5 seconds  of the previous step to keep the system from exiting
  the programming mode.

1. Turn ignition switch to ON (II)

2. Press the LOCK or UNOCK button on one of the remotes. (An unprogrammed  remote can be used for this
     step.)

3. Turn ignition switch to LOCK (0)

4. Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 two more times using the same keyless remote used in step 2

5. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II)

6. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button the same remote.  Make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm you
     are in programming mode.

7. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on each remote you want to program. Make sure door locks cycle
     after you push each remote button to confirm system has accepted the remote.

8. Turn the igniton switch to LOCK (0) to exit programming mode.

9. Test remote(s)

That didn't work either, the car just doesn't recognise the key at all!

Anyone know of any other instructions that I can follow?

Thanks

E27006

• Approved Member
Re: Honda Jazz Wireless Remote Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 12:38:22 PM »
Just to clarify.

At the moment, does your car still recognise your Original keyfob, the doors lock/unlock as normal?

guest1169

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 03:28:08 PM »
Just to clarify.

At the moment, does your car still recognise your Original keyfob, the doors lock/unlock as normal?

Yes it still recognise my original one.

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 09:23:12 AM »
 I think your replacement keyfob is either faulty or incompatible with the Car.

The PCB inside the fob is usually marked with a code, you need to find the correct code for your Car

guest1169

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 11:13:50 AM »
How am I supposed to find the "correct" code for my car?

I don't see any serial numbers (or whatever they're called) anywhere in my manual =[

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 08:08:12 PM »
The numbers are printed on the PCB of the fob, split it down a and examine

guest1828

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 10:48:26 AM »
This is interesting, as I've only one FOB, and do have a spare from another Honda I used to own, so I'll see if the Instructions work out! Thanks!  :-*

guest1898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 02:45:17 AM »
use these instructions
To overcome this problem buy a keyless entry fob normally no more than £20 quid off ebay.

To code the key fob to your car put the key in the ignition and swith it to the second position, then press teh lock button on the fob, return to start position adn repeat 3 times this will configure the fob to your car then everytime you want to open the door use the fob.  Ooh and I've just saved you £90 quid   that Honda charge for "programming you fob" cheques in the post please.

guest4481

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 12:57:34 PM »
Hmmm.. this thread is nearly 3 years old but its so appropriate, I'll give it a go…

I've just bought a base model Honda Jazz: 2007 1.2 S. It doesn't have keyless entry + Honda main dealer won't retrofit.

I'm not that bothered about programming a new key. Just a fob will do, to open the doors, which can double-up as a keyring. Then I can use the regular key in the ignition.

Could it be as simple as B-boystance suggests, with a £20 set off ebay? Will I not have to buy some kind of receiver which connects to the car electrics?

Tags: