Author Topic: Technical difference with the latest Mk 3 Jazz  (Read 9924 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Technical difference with the latest Mk 3 Jazz
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2018, 12:36:57 PM »
If you flick the indicator stalk in the direction you are going to move the indicator on that side flashes three times.
And if, like most drivers, you don't signal, does it slap you round the back of the head? Personally I think that would be a better use of technology.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2018, 12:41:38 PM »
One thing I have noticed with this car is the  indicator lane change function works every time, it was hit and miss with my previous car but that may have been that particular car.

Pray - what's an indicator lane change function?

If you flick the indicator stalk in the direction you are going to move the indicator on that side flashes three times.

I thought he was referring to the lane change warning system, which beeps and flashes a message if you change lanes without using the indicator first. I think it is on all Mk3s and my 2016 works every time, unless I have switched it off.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 01:00:42 PM »
Sorry, I got my terminology wrong, the user manual calls it  "One touch turn signal". (Page 169)

guest4871

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2018, 01:05:32 PM »
OK. I think you are losing me here.

What is a "One touch turn signal"?. Isn't that when you use the indicator stalk and it self cancels?

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2018, 01:08:42 PM »

What is a "One touch turn signal"?. Isn't that when you use the indicator stalk and it self cancels?

No, it is when you flick the indicator stalk without moving it far enough to turn the indicators on. You just move it until you feel resistance and then let it return to the off position.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 01:10:55 PM by Skyrider »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2018, 02:27:57 PM »
No, it is when you flick the indicator stalk without moving it far enough to turn the indicators on. You just move it until you feel resistance and then let it return to the off position.
My van had that and I found it a pain in the tonsils. I always cancel my indicators after using them, not waiting on the self cancelling to cancel or otherwise. With the van I kept finding it signalling in the other direction when I didn't want to. Didn't realise it was meant to do that! Must be heavy handed.
Does it flash fast when you do that? I have signalled to overtaking lorries that they are far enough past me to pull in, and I sometimes get three rapid flashes each side.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2018, 02:38:56 PM »
One thing I have noticed with this car is the  indicator lane change function works every time, it was hit and miss with my previous car but that may have been that particular car.

Pray - what's an indicator lane change function?

I thought he was referring to the lane change warning system, which beeps and flashes a message if you change lanes without using the indicator first. I think it is on all Mk3s and my 2016 works every time, unless I have switched it off.
I leave mine switched off. I don't indicate unless I am aware of someone who would benefit from it and on dual carriageways and motorways there is often no-one that would.

I also usually cancel my indicators manually but 'one touch' works well for me.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2018, 02:47:19 PM »
I never have my lane departure alarm on, but use the one touch signaling a lot assuming there is someone to benefit from it. I have never heard of seen or had a headlight flash / indicator link. That sounds like a fault.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2018, 02:58:25 PM »
I have never heard of seen or had a headlight flash / indicator link. That sounds like a fault.
You misunderstand. The lorry driver gives me three rapid blinks to either side to acknowledge me.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2018, 04:02:21 PM »
I have never heard of seen or had a headlight flash / indicator link. That sounds like a fault.
You misunderstand. The lorry driver gives me three rapid blinks to either side to acknowledge me.

Sorry, I did misunderstand, I just to drive them!

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2018, 04:05:46 PM »
I was telling Mrs Sky about this thread, she came up with the definitive description of the difference. "The last one felt like a tin can compared to this one!" What more do we need to know.  :D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 04:47:21 PM by Skyrider »

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2018, 04:54:11 PM »
My Wife said she prefers the Sport because it has a bit more Zip away from road junctions and roundabouts. What more can I say!

guest4871

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2018, 07:58:32 PM »

Does the indicator stay on when you do this? How does it cancel? I thought it self cancelled?

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2018, 08:35:02 PM »

Does the indicator stay on when you do this? How does it cancel? I thought it self cancelled?

As I said above it flashes three times.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2018, 09:50:19 PM »
Also called 'lane change function' by some.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Tags:

anything