Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Boot lock FIXED Totally
« Last post by TG on October 13, 2017, 06:07:22 PM »
@Lat0r
I now have the mechanism from a crashed 2005 Jazz, the complete latch + actuator.  Worked with the handle OK but there was no car battery power to test the powered locking but looks clean and free moving.  They charged me 5+v, it's likely under 2kg so can dispatch it via one of the cheap parcel2go services.

Once you reach 10 posts PM me and I'll arrange to send it.
--
TG
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Air temperature when heater set to cold
« Last post by Deeps on October 13, 2017, 05:47:34 PM »
30C is nearer full hot temperature, could the link from the temperature control to the air blending flap been inadvertantly disconnected during the filter change? When set to full cold with the aircon off you should get air at outside ambient temperature, with the aircon on you should get air at less than 10C. I would take it back to the dealer, if they broke it, their problem, if not it will be a warranty fix.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Air temperature when heater set to cold
« Last post by edam on October 13, 2017, 05:40:08 PM »
I have the basic heater controls but I have noticed that when the heat control is set to its coldest the temperature coming out of the vents is 30c.. Thats a bit hot for me
Is this correct??
The car has recently had its 2nd service and I wondered if the pollen filter change could have caused this?
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: 2011 Honda Jazz Ex cvt misting up, is this common ?
« Last post by coffeecup on October 13, 2017, 05:24:47 PM »
Hi

Try and cut back on 'over strenuous activity' in the car, or open window slightly !
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: 2011 Honda Jazz Ex cvt misting up, is this common ?
« Last post by trebor1652 on October 13, 2017, 04:17:09 PM »
Have you got the air flow on recycle? as I have found that can cause the problem.
If you have the air flow from outside and you don't have any of the other mentioned problems you should be ok.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

« Last post by TG on October 13, 2017, 04:17:07 PM »
As your car is a later model it should be dry in the spare wheel well, but it might be worth checking that the door rubber seals have not been split by a roof rack clip.  Misting is a result of moisture in the car, either by wet clothes (or dog) or by rain.  I endorse checking the cabin filter for leaf debris - the glove box liner should just pull out to enable you to access it. 

You may well find keeping the air controls on outdoor rather than recirculate, the fan on 1 or 2 rather than off, and the position on screen+feet as standard will prevent the misting build up to the level where you have to blast the screen clear.
--
TG
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by Jocko on October 13, 2017, 04:12:59 PM »
My jeans are compostable, especially just before they go in the wash!

The only way to reduce the world's population, unless you go for draconian measures such as compulsory sterilisation or limiting family size (as China tried), is to make contraceptives freely and readily available to all. Most counties that are contributing to the rise in population are poor, and with little access to contraception for all. Most people would happily have smaller families, it is just that they don't have a lot of choice.
The population of the UK is growing, but mainly from immigration rather than by births. There are about 100.000 more births than deaths in the UK each year yet migration increased the population by 273,000 (2015/16).
« Last post by peteo48 on October 13, 2017, 03:29:19 PM »
I agree with Culzean about population growth and I don't know why some people never mention it in the mix of policies that are needed to enable us to survive on the planet. Regardless of your take on Climate Change there is a resource and space issue at the very least.

On the low carbon rope, I read somewhere that you can now buy compostable jeans!
« Last post by WOODY on October 13, 2017, 03:28:50 PM »
Vic, Thank you very much for your help, I will check that, thank you
« Last post by culzean on October 13, 2017, 03:24:02 PM »

Note "should".

If a kettle (or vacuum cleaner) needs so much power to complete a given quantity of work, doesn't a lower wattage appliance take commensurately longer to complete the task, thus no energy saving - like with low energy lamp bulbs, you need more central heating to heat a house to a given temperature? (And what is energy saving with central heating, when once upon a time the world lived happily (even gratefully) with one fire and thicker clothes).

What you say is true, the total amount of energy required to raise the temperature of say 1 litre of water from 10degC to 100degC is the same whatever the wattage of the kettle (except if wattage is too low the heat is escaping faster than it is being added and water will never boil),  but in order to reduce the peak  load on our sagging (read renewables) electrical supply they think it is OK to take 10 minutes instead of 2 to boil, - in fact numpties that they are they have probably convinced themselves that it is saving energy.   The latest EU initiative is to introduce low temperature teabags by 2021.

Yeah, I agree about replacing heat that used to be given out by domestic filament bulbs (lights that are mainly used in the winter) with extra gas used by central heating,  The  heat emitted from filament bulbs is only a problem when they are outdoors, where heat is entirely wasted, and the light from a filament bulb is much nicer and more mellow than LED output,  and as for compact flourescent bulbs, they were hopeless, did not have a long life and very polluting to make.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything