Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Mood lighting issue
« Last post by d2d4j on July 15, 2018, 10:24:19 AM »
Hi Jacko

Many thanks.

Yes, it may be possible, but I am not sure if that good to do so.

Please see picture, showing the 2 wires which are used.  These wires are at bottom of fuse box I think, and I am not sure if the plug can be easily unplugged/plugged back again. I am not even sure of how much additional length if unplugged

I guess at some point I will have to try again, but it is too hot today, and we are going out to coast to cool down.

Do you think it would be easy to do

If anyone is looking to do the same, these 2 wires are the wires you connect to as in the picture

Many thanks

John
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: 2013 Jazz - Drivers door aperture seal.
« Last post by Brian_I on July 15, 2018, 08:31:42 AM »
Giving my new to me jazz a thorough check over, it looks like the drivers side door aperture seal is starting to split / perish.  The rustyness seems to be on the metal stiffener inside the seal rather than the actual car body work.  (see attached image).

While the car has a 12 month warranty from the (non honda) dealer I  bought it from, this wouldn't be covered under the warranty.

Is this an easy / cheap part to get hold of? And is it an easy DIY job to replace them? 

Thanks,

Brian.

I thought Honda warranty covers everything bumper to bumper we had a tyre replaced under warranty that had a slow puncture. Have you approached the dealer (it must be a Honda approved car yes) if it is this should be covered under warranty.

Unfortunately it's not a Honda approved used car, as I bought the car used from a Ford dealers. Might pop into my local honda dealer to see what they could get a pair of door seals for (might as well replace passenger side as well). Unless anyone can recommend online sites for Honda parts?

I doubt I'd get much help from the dealer I bought the car from as they would just reply "it's a 5 year old car sir".
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Mud flaps
« Last post by trebor1652 on July 15, 2018, 08:23:52 AM »
Mud!
Haven't seen that stuff for weeks.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Pre-MOT check.
« Last post by madasafish on July 15, 2018, 06:56:48 AM »
The improvement in mpg is probably due to the hot summer.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Pre-MOT check.
« Last post by Denis on July 14, 2018, 11:02:50 PM »
My 55 plate Jazz SE passed today with no prior inspection, but to be fair I did treat it to a new exhaust from the Cat back, and three new calipers and new pads all round earlier this year. With just 70000 on the clock its going to last me another four years at least.
Interesting to note my average mpg has crept up from 50 to 52.3 since the new exhaust!
« Last post by Izzy on July 14, 2018, 10:47:43 PM »
Giving my new to me jazz a thorough check over, it looks like the drivers side door aperture seal is starting to split / perish.  The rustyness seems to be on the metal stiffener inside the seal rather than the actual car body work.  (see attached image).

While the car has a 12 month warranty from the (non honda) dealer I  bought it from, this wouldn't be covered under the warranty.

Is this an easy / cheap part to get hold of? And is it an easy DIY job to replace them? 

Thanks,

Brian.
[/quote

I thought Honda warranty covers everything bumper to bumper we had a tyre replaced under warranty that had a slow puncture. Have you approached the dealer (it must be a Honda approved car yes) if it is this should be covered under warranty.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Mud flaps
« Last post by Izzy on July 14, 2018, 10:37:42 PM »
Whilst there was nowt on telly this afternoon I decided to wash and polish the Honda mud flaps so I took them off to my surprise they were full of damp mud upon further investigation the OE drain hole had clogged up with mud so washed out and whilst they were off I drill another drain hole  to help the water/mud escape and then polished them put them back on quite pleased with my little self stopping a mud build up on each corner  :D :D
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Drivers Window
« Last post by Izzy on July 14, 2018, 10:33:07 PM »
Done as suggested working ok now
Thanks
« Last post by zzaj on July 14, 2018, 10:19:48 PM »
For straightforward splits to a the rubber door surround, I have very successfully used:

https://www.stormsure.com/index.php/stormsure-flexible-repair-adhesive-15g-tube.html

and cannot recommend it too strongly for a permanent repair.

However, from the picture, your tears look like the rubber is worn through along a strip. Without edges which can be drawn together to form a bond, this might not work.

I had always found trying to permanently glue a split door rubber to be virtually impossible  - no more. It is also makes for a pretty invisible repair.
« Last post by Jocko on July 14, 2018, 09:44:31 PM »
I have a bit the same on mine. Think I tore it with my heel, getting in or out. Like you, I was wondering about changing it. Mine isn't perished, so I had considered gluing it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything