Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Autonomous vehicles.
« Last post by Jocko on July 17, 2018, 01:17:12 PM »
I saw the video from Goodwood Festival Of Speed and their autonomous Mustang was a bit tongue in cheek. It reminded me of Blue Peter's, Tracy Island. Or something from Scrapheap Challenge or Red Bull Soapbox Race.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by richardfrost on July 17, 2018, 01:05:33 PM »
Hi all
I go to the gym with my wife and have been for two years now. she goes to swim at the pool and I go to the gym and then for a swim. I don't go to perve, because my cancer drugs give me muscle wastage and bone thinning I go to offset the drug effect, retain and build muscle and generally feel better in myself. Not all people go to a gym for the earlier stated reasons. The gym is 4 miles from my house and the entrance to the leisure centre is 100 yds from the car park.
Walking to the gym is not feasible the time I get home from work, I go four times a week, go for walks with my wife two of the non-gym days, run around playing football with my grand kids or swimming or other excursions every Saturday. i also fit in gardening, shopping, looking after three jazz's as well as spending 45 hours a week at work plus travel each day. I'm not going to sit around bemoaning the cancer but get on with life and the gym stops the walls closing in. I might even think about retiring soon as there are lots of household projects I don't get the time to do with working and yes I'm well past retiring.

Well said John. There's a lot of ignorance around gym users. Some of these 'fat' people may have physical or mental health issues or be on medication that causes them to gain weight. Some can't walk that far unaided but can do really well on a gym machine that provides resistance but low impact. I will admit there are some lazy fattys too but I would caution against generalisation.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: If you won the Lottery!
« Last post by richardfrost on July 17, 2018, 12:44:57 PM »
I would employ a chauffeur and lease whatever I fancied at the time.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Autonomous vehicles.
« Last post by richardfrost on July 17, 2018, 12:34:38 PM »
We can always rely on the BBC to come up with a new story on this...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-44824459/the-self-driving-car-that-s-50-years-old

Despite the message, you can clearly see the 'driver' grab the wheel to avoid a hay bale! Still, they knocked this up in 6 weeks which is good going.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: vibration on tickover
« Last post by dave456 on July 17, 2018, 12:16:28 PM »
sometime the vibration is intermittent i was on motorway on monday doing 70mph went of motorway stopped at lights was ok went back home 3miles put in park to open garage it started to vibrate again on tick over. 
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by JohnAlways on July 17, 2018, 12:09:25 PM »
Hi all
I go to the gym with my wife and have been for two years now. she goes to swim at the pool and I go to the gym and then for a swim. I don't go to perve, because my cancer drugs give me muscle wastage and bone thinning I go to offset the drug effect, retain and build muscle and generally feel better in myself. Not all people go to a gym for the earlier stated reasons. The gym is 4 miles from my house and the entrance to the leisure centre is 100 yds from the car park.
Walking to the gym is not feasible the time I get home from work, I go four times a week, go for walks with my wife two of the non-gym days, run around playing football with my grand kids or swimming or other excursions every Saturday. i also fit in gardening, shopping, looking after three jazz's as well as spending 45 hours a week at work plus travel each day. I'm not going to sit around bemoaning the cancer but get on with life and the gym stops the walls closing in. I might even think about retiring soon as there are lots of household projects I don't get the time to do with working and yes I'm well past retiring.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Auto Idle Stop - noise on coming to a stop.
« Last post by peteo48 on July 17, 2018, 11:42:18 AM »
Just wondering if anybody else with a Mk3 CVT has this issue with the auto idle stop system. I get a slight noise that sounds a bit like a brake noise as you come to a halt. A creaky squeak is the best way I can describe it.
« Last post by culzean on July 17, 2018, 11:00:10 AM »
Could it be something as simple as an exhaust heat shield loose or one of the covers just sayin

That may cause a noise,  but IMHO would not make engine run unevenly at tick-over.
« Last post by Izzy on July 17, 2018, 10:54:26 AM »
Could it be something as simple as an exhaust heat shield loose or one of the covers just sayin
« Last post by culzean on July 17, 2018, 07:48:32 AM »
Hi Jacko i have changed all 8 plugs about 1 month ago and all filters and oil it runs ok its just on tick over,

Auto-correct changes Jocko to Jacko on my PC as well.........

You have already done the most obvious thing and replaced all 8 plugs,  was this tickover thing happening before you changed the plugs or did it start after.

The first thing I would do is to tip a full bottle of redex injector cleaner in your next tank of petrol,  it may just be partly blocked / gummed up injectors.   If that does not cure it you may have to give EGR Valve (exhaust gas recirculation valve) a bit of attention,   plenty of info on here about it - normally causes more problems than you have but maybe it is only a little bit stuck (it is like having a leak in the inlet tract if it is stuck open at low revs).

Could also be a coil going bad, especially if rear plug gaps have been allowed to get too big in the past and stress the coil insulation - I would suspect rear coils as they run under hotter conditions than the front ones and rear plugs are normally neglected, this forces coils to provide higher and higher voltage than they should to jump the larger plug gap, this can degrade the coil insulation.  Check they are all properly plugged in first and then unplug them one at a time (at the dual pin12 volt connector plug on top) and see if vibration gets worse,  if it does plug that one back in and see which one does not affect vibration when you unplug it - that will be the one that is not working properly.

A car that has only had little use (50 K in 15 years) may need a good 'shock and awe' dose of redex and a good 'italian tuneup' ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10