Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
25 years driving automatics and Neutral was only the space between Drive and Reverse. Started in Park, put it in Drive, drove to where I was going, stuck it in Park and switched off. I did use my handbrake at lights though, never ever had problems with creep.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Fan cuts in frequently
« Last post by geoffchats on Today at 12:53:28 PM »
That, "fault", brought me to ClubJazz. Almost 3 years ago...... https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7107.msg31969#msg31969
Thanks so much...yes, needless to say it's the air con fan. Why I didn't think of that I really don't know!

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Done my own opinion survey over the last few days!

1) Brother - BMW 4 series - never uses handbrake except in Park. At lights, always foot on the footbrake.
2) Friend - Mercedes Coupe of some sort - never uses handbrake but hates stop start and always turns it off.
3) Neighbour - Honda Jazz 1.3 EX CVT - not used handbrake "for years." Incidentally the trips he does are so short the auto idle stop hasn't worked once yet but he leaves it on.
4) Former work colleague - Honda Civic 1.8 auto (I assume CVT) - what's a handbrake lol!

Advice from dealer - don't use handbrake at all except when car parked up.

Looks like brake lights blinding people at the lights is here to stay. Most people seem to think the idea of going into neutral in an automatic is a bit eccentric. As does the American chap who has a YouTube Channel - Engineering Explained. 5 tips on driving automatics - tip 4 - don't use neutral at a stop light.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Centre console
« Last post by John A on Today at 12:35:36 PM »
Is the center armrest a sliding one? I am interested to buy it from you, but it has to be shipped to the Netherlands and iím afraid it will be more expensive than when i buy from Alie. ;)

But i think the folding armrest on you chair can be removed. Here a link to a youtube video to install one on a Fit. Maybe it can help you to get it off.
https://youtu.be/LDLKEczwKSY

Probably get it on ebay, not sure if it'll be cheaper: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dual-Layer-Centre-Console-Armrest-Fit-For-2008-2013-Honda-Jazz-Storage-Box-Tray/162722856720?fits=Car+Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3AJazz&hash=item25e309bf10:m:mXwZzgv9p2GBbtATOE2OrOQ
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: advice on buying a mk2 jazz
« Last post by applicationcen on Today at 11:51:08 AM »
I have developed a heavy right foot to keep the revs up when starting from fully stationary on steep hills.

Itís irritating if following traffic going too slowly up hill. Thatís when the flappy paddle comes in to play.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Servicing
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 11:47:38 AM »
The other interesting thing is Honda's 3 years plus charges. In short you pay through the nose for your first 3 services then move on to a fixed menu price. £165 and £265 (or thereabouts) - the £265 includes brake fluid and filters.

Quite cynical really. They fleece you whilst the car is under warranty (even though you can now go elsewhere many are nervous about doing so). Then, not wishing to lose the business once the car is out of warranty, they cut the prices to a more reasonable level. I'm sure all other manufacturers do similar.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Exhaust Head Shroud
« Last post by sparky Paul on Today at 11:47:33 AM »
There are plenty of cars running about with heat shields missing, they are normally no detriment. The one you have to watch out for is the cat, which gets very hot indeed, and is more likely to be near other components or wiring.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by richardfrost on Today at 11:45:36 AM »
Well clearly I am bucking a trend. From being someone who was in the office 5.5 days a week, I am now able to work from home two to three days a week, which is purely down to the internet and remote working technologies.

My two sons both steadfastly refuse to have cars. The eldest learned to drive and did drive until he moved to London. Now his Jazz is parked on my drive here in Yorkshire and does 5 miles a month. He does not need a car in London.

My younger son is the reason I still keep the Jazz. I have said I will pay for him to learn to drive and his running costs for the car, as it is now a family asset. He is totally not interested as he can get by with buses, rides and taxis here and there.

Very interesting and very relevant. For most of us learning to drive and getting a car was a rite of passage. It still is for some but increasingly less so and the percentage of youngsters learning to drive has fallen sharply. Increasingly they live in an on-line world. Not only that but many would rather spend the money on travel to far distant lands. Many kids today are incredibly well travelled. They also don't have the irrational hang ups many of us have about taxis and prefer to head off into town in a taxi where they can have a drink if so inclined.

On top of that, the model of car ownership is changing. PCP and leasing are growing all the time. My daughter, for example, has turned her back on the responsibilities of ownership and does 2 year leases.

It's these generations that will embrace a new world where car ownership might even be seen as slightly odd.

Exactly. We assume everyone will be like us and the truth is, they might not be. And changing factors in car design, parking, leasing, travel requirements, make it really hard to predict what problems vehicles of the future will address.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 11:33:11 AM »
Well clearly I am bucking a trend. From being someone who was in the office 5.5 days a week, I am now able to work from home two to three days a week, which is purely down to the internet and remote working technologies.

My two sons both steadfastly refuse to have cars. The eldest learned to drive and did drive until he moved to London. Now his Jazz is parked on my drive here in Yorkshire and does 5 miles a month. He does not need a car in London.

My younger son is the reason I still keep the Jazz. I have said I will pay for him to learn to drive and his running costs for the car, as it is now a family asset. He is totally not interested as he can get by with buses, rides and taxis here and there.

Very interesting and very relevant. For most of us learning to drive and getting a car was a rite of passage. It still is for some but increasingly less so and the percentage of youngsters learning to drive has fallen sharply. Increasingly they live in an on-line world. Not only that but many would rather spend the money on travel to far distant lands. Many kids today are incredibly well travelled. They also don't have the irrational hang ups many of us have about taxis and prefer to head off into town in a taxi where they can have a drink if so inclined.

On top of that, the model of car ownership is changing. PCP and leasing are growing all the time. My daughter, for example, has turned her back on the responsibilities of ownership and does 2 year leases.

It's these generations that will embrace a new world where car ownership might even be seen as slightly odd.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Fan cuts in frequently
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 11:17:03 AM »
On my Volvo S40 the A/C came on with windscreen demist and you couldn't override it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything