Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Tyres tips please
« Last post by Sharon on Today at 11:37:54 AM »
oh no! I've just ordered and paid for the Michelin ES+. Hope I've not made the wrong decision.  :-[
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by culzean on Today at 10:53:42 AM »
Invest in Green Energy - and double up by investing in non Green energy to cater for the 50% of the time Green does not work

Policy of muppets.

It is well known in energy industry that for every renewable source it needs 100% backup from reliable source (coal, gas, nuclear)  so what exactly is the point ?

Because one day there will be no coal, gas or oil.

There is still loads of fossil fuel,  enough to last humans until overpopulation, disease (we blew antibiotics by giving them to battery farm animals - may not get another chance) and land degradation marks the end of our time on Earth,  about another 100 years   :-X

The Sahara desert used to be lush and green until humans moved in with their domesticated animals and overused / overgrazed the fragile land - that is the future of most of the land on Earth
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 10:39:07 AM »
Invest in Green Energy - and double up by investing in non Green energy to cater for the 50% of the time Green does not work

Policy of muppets.

It is well known in energy industry that for every renewable source it needs 100% backup from reliable source (coal, gas, nuclear)  so what exactly is the point ?

Because one day there will be no coal, gas or oil.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 10:22:18 AM »
What would you say to a 2, 4 or 5 seater EV, up to 300 km range (22kWh battery), from €14,900? And Swedish to boot. Due on the shelves next year.

https://www.uniti.earth/order/

I quote from the ad "Up to 300km range (22kWh battery)"

1km to 25km on a cold day falls within that ad.

Meaningless claptrap.

I quote from the ad " From 14.900€ "

100,000 Euros falls within the ad.

More meaningless claptrap.

Next they will tell us "costs from 0.0001 Euro per Km to run"

'Doing a Tesla' - they are hyping up to get advanced sales - looks like car designed by Ikea + Lego  (wonder if it comes in a kit you have to assemble yourself).  Wonder where you put your shopping?
« Last post by culzean on Today at 10:19:57 AM »

Not every renewable. I will never understand why there isn't more effort put into tidal turbines.

Trouble is tidal flow has 12.5 hour cycle and peaks move every day, so although tidal power is more predictable than wind and solar it will rarely match daily peaks in power requirements - so then again storage is required,  which puts the cost up - also tidal is expensive to build and maintenance is difficult and expensive - maybe answers the question why there is not more tidal being built - solar and wind are relatively cheap, and in my book the saying about 'you get what you pay for' applies LOL
« Last post by madasafish on Today at 10:18:04 AM »
What would you say to a 2, 4 or 5 seater EV, up to 300 km range (22kWh battery), from 14,900? And Swedish to boot. Due on the shelves next year.

https://www.uniti.earth/order/

I quote from the ad "Up to 300km range (22kWh battery)"

1km to 25km on a cold day falls within that ad.

Meaningless claptrap.

I quote from the ad " From 14.900 "

100,000 Euros falls within the ad.

More meaningless claptrap.

Next they will tell us "costs from 0.0001 Euro per Km to run"
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Tyres tips please
« Last post by culzean on Today at 10:14:27 AM »
I did find that the ES and ES+ although having good wear,  did lack a bit of grip - in fact local  junctions where the front wheels used to spin a bit on pulling away (due to road surface) with Michelin (just pulling away normally) I now have a job to make Avons slip even when trying,  I have also noticed that Avons don't 'squirm' around when you go round bends a bit fast (as if I ever do) like ES, steering and direction feels way better - the only thing I cannot comment on is the rate of wear as I have only had Avons 6 months or so.  I used to get ES and ES+ when I was covering in excess of 25,000 miles a year - now I do about 5,000 so wear not so important for me - and I won't knowingly buy anything French any more.

Avons easily as quiet as ES+,  sidewall is a little bit stiffer which probably accounts for the better handling I have noticed.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Gearbox shot.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 09:51:56 AM »
I never bother with a gearbox. If it is not leaking out there is nowhere for it to go. For all I know it has the same oil in the box that it came over from Japan with. Or even none at all! If it it still running come its next service in June I will get my son-in-law to change it. He's out every night, repairing snow ploughs and gritters this time of the year, so doesn't want to be bothered with my bag of bolts.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Gearbox shot.
« Last post by sparky Paul on Today at 08:45:46 AM »
Is it worth checking the oil level Jocko?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: The first signs of winter..
« Last post by andruec on Today at 07:57:23 AM »
And the answer is: Car started and pretty much immediately went to fast idle. No problems on the ice either. I was a bit concerned about our office drive and car park but she was absolutely fine.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything