Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by culzean on Today at 04:12:40 PM »
See the government is allocating 540m to support the growth of electric cars, including more charging points. They want to see Britain leading the world in EV and Autonomous technology, and rightly so.

Using taxpayer money to install charging points is like using  taxpayers money to build petrol stations, which would never happen.  Electrical power suppliers should fund charging points and then charge market rates to users i.e.. cost of electricity plus cost of installing ( to get payback in a reasonable time) and maintaining infrastructure.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Rattles
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 02:13:57 PM »
I was always hearing rattles, that would come and go as the weather, time of day and phases of the moon changed. However, now I have a "noise cancelling gearbox" I can no longer hear them. Every cloud has a silver lining.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 02:10:47 PM »
See the government is allocating 540m to support the growth of electric cars, including more charging points. They want to see Britain leading the world in EV and Autonomous technology, and rightly so.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Petrol prices.
« Last post by olduser1 on Today at 12:31:41 PM »
Good info
I'm planning a trip to fill up in Venezuela anyone want a can filling  -1p per Litre
DIY Guides / Re: auto idle stop
« Last post by trebor1652 on Today at 12:27:03 PM »
If the amber A and circle is on the dash when you are driving then the auto stop is turned off.
It comes on when the auto stop works when you are driving/stopped.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Rattles
« Last post by auntyneddy on Today at 11:16:57 AM »
I need some help here. For several months there has been a rattle from the boot area. seat belts etc all the boot flooring taken out and checked, items wrapped in towels in the boot all to no avail. It is driving us mad. Yesterday, I got on with the protection at the front for the aircon rad and while about it bounced the car at the rear. Not quite the rattle but certainly something. I have ordered new rubbers for the top of the shock absorbers and I intend to remove one tomorrow ( weather permitting) and have a good look.In the online manual it states the nut at the top of the shock absorber is  to be tightened to a specified torque, when I undid the securing nut it had been screwed right down to the shoulder on the shock absorber shaft. I am assuming the rubbers have been flattened. When I bounced the car there was a rattle accompanied with a knock. It does not appear to be the exhaust. Given the hiding the suspension is getting from the roads are there any reports of broken springs. Why I ask is the noise does not sound like a shock absorber.
« Last post by auntyneddy on Today at 11:03:34 AM »
On the subject of revenue and smart meters for EV charging, whilst slightly off subject in a way relevant. A few years back a neighbour who drove a coach asked if we would be interested in Christmas in Austria. Given the price we jumped at the chance and it was one of the best holidays we have ever had.
Somewhere in Austria, Henry the neighbour filled up with diesel. Off he went to pay. The time ticked on and no Henry and after some time a police car arrived. Eventually Henry came back to tell us that the previous driver had removed the 'black box'. This was the problem. As I understand it this box was mandatory in Austria and other countries maybe. It recorded information about the vehicle etc in order that the Austrian authorities could either charge duty on the vehicle or the fuel.
Now given the huge amount of duty that will be lost if the EV takes off, it would appear the technology is there and well tested.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: What colour Jazz (2008-2015) do you own?
« Last post by ayoungh on Today at 10:50:17 AM »
Just got this Pearl White Jazz SI
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 10:32:27 AM »
Governments are still capable of stupid use of taxpayers money even in times of austerity .......
We will probably see a perfect example of that - somehow - after this afternoon's Budget!
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Slaughterbots.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 10:30:12 AM »
Slaughterbots is a work of fiction - at present - but how far it is from the truth I wouldn't like to say. Well worth a watch if you worry about AI and Autonomous weapons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HipTO_7mUOw
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything