Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Dealers & Insurance / Re: Best Insurances for Jazz?
« Last post by zzaj on August 18, 2017, 10:07:15 PM »
Go to a cashback site like Topcashback and get a quote. Don't go to a price comparison site on Topcashback! Chose a proper insurance company unless you really want the cheapest (which might not be the best buy). Before you go onto the cashback site delete your cookies so the purchase tracks OK. Then you'll get a good quote and cashback! Next year do the same but chose a new insurer! I pay under 200 pa for the full works.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Highest mileage Jazz?
« Last post by Ozzie on August 18, 2017, 09:49:37 PM »
Following a similar thread on the oldest, low mileage Jazz, I am curious as to high mileage Jazzs. My hybrid Jazz has just clocked up 26500 miles and is 11 months old, so should get to 28000 miles in its first year.

I am certain that it will get to 100,000 miles no problem, but how much further? Has anyone taken a Jazz to 200,000 miles, in my case that would be around 7 years  :o :o

As long as the car stays reliable I will hold on to it, I am willing to change the hybrid batteries in the future, as long at the rest of it is going well, this could be a record-breaker !
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I was searching for high mileage Hondas and found this thread, so I thought I would dig it up, it seems ironic that I was asking about Jazzs reaching 200k and my Jazz is now at 220k.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by Jocko on August 18, 2017, 09:30:07 PM »
Found this today. Blown away. And this is still early stages. Well worth a watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfRqNAhAe6c
« Last post by Jocko on August 18, 2017, 07:21:29 PM »
When I first insured the Jazz I still had the Volvo, on another policy, with another company. This year I only had the Jazz, so they put my premium up. Their reason, "If a thief breaks into your house and there are two sets of car keys there is a 50% chance they will take the other car". I said, "That's fine. I'll find insurance elsewhere". Surprise, surprise. They came back with a quote without the surcharge.
« Last post by VicW on August 18, 2017, 07:09:15 PM »
What can make a big difference is your post code.

When trawling for quotes at renewal time I have on more than one occasion been told by the 'expert' on the other end of the phone that my NG postcode means that I live in Nottingham. They totally ignored the numbers after NG and quoted ,highly, because of it. I live in mid Lincolnshire.

Vic.
« Last post by Jocko on August 18, 2017, 06:51:05 PM »
Once you are past 25 age doesn't make a great difference. And at my age the risks are on their way back up! My occupation, as far as the insurance is concerned, is as a part time courier driver, which doesn't bring my premiums down. What can make a big difference is your post code. Car crime in Fife is below the national average, with only 25 cars in every 10,000 involved in theft of, or theft from.
« Last post by TonyS on August 18, 2017, 06:22:54 PM »
You may also have 9 years NCB but I guess from your other posts you like me are somewhat in excess of 29 years old which no doubt makes a significant difference as does location.
« Last post by Jocko on August 18, 2017, 05:50:53 PM »
I paid 231.84, fully comp, with Sainsbury's Bank. I too have 9 years NCB.
Dealers & Insurance / Best Insurances for Jazz?
« Last post by RE Spirit on August 18, 2017, 05:27:07 PM »
Hi all,

I'm currently paying 550 for my Integra DC5.

Currently, 29 with 9 years NCB and I'm getting quotes for the Honda Jazz at around 700 fully comp with legal, courtesy etc.

Just wondering what everyone else is paying for their Jazz insurance?
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by peteo48 on August 18, 2017, 05:26:32 PM »
Good post Jocko. There is definitely an element of "Back to The Future" about current developments.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything