Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
My 2005 got an actual of 48.08 MPG.
The board computer said 55.38.

Did anyone else have such a big difference?
What could be the reason for such a big difference?
New Members / Hello from Malta
« Last post by rockingscotsman on Today at 08:26:47 AM »
Hi all.

Just bought a second hand Japanese imported Honda Fit from 2012.  It is a basic model but suits me fine as I am more into Honda two wheelers than I am into cars. 

Hope to learn a bit about them from you people.

Thanks

Louis 
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 07:49:21 AM »
Just watched the latest "Fully Charged" where Robert is driven in the Jaguar I-PACE and I could not get over how much quieter it appears to be, compared with videos of the Tesla. And that is with motor whine engineered to give the sensation of speed. Something called NVH.
New Members / Re: New Zealand Jazz owner
« Last post by JRHPNG on Today at 07:19:10 AM »
Welcome, what part of NZ are you in? We are in Christchurch.
New Members / Re: New Zealand Jazz owner
« Last post by RichardA on January 18, 2018, 08:08:06 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

I hope your wife is OK.
New Members / Re: New owner
« Last post by RichardA on January 18, 2018, 08:06:38 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: CVT fluid change problem
« Last post by zzaj on January 18, 2018, 05:02:57 PM »
+1
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Traffic Management.
« Last post by culzean on January 18, 2018, 04:45:04 PM »
Near to us they had 20mph signs up for about 3 miles on a normal 60mph limit road for about 6 months, the limit started about 1 mile before the 'work' and ended about 1 mile after.  They were actually 'removing' a crash barrier on a hill previously erected there between road and pavement to protect pedestrians  - they took the barrier away (eventually) and surprisingly did not replace it with a new one.  They had one lane coned off and temporary lights,   90% of the times we drove through the 'roadworks' there was no one actually working on them but the lights and 20mph limit stayed there the whole 6 months.   As Jocko says,  if the company had been paying a fee for lights the job would have been finished in a fortnight (don't know if it was Carilion who had the contract ).
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: CVT fluid change problem
« Last post by Jocko on January 18, 2018, 03:40:56 PM »
+1
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Traffic Management.
« Last post by Jocko on January 18, 2018, 03:39:12 PM »
I think companies that put up temporary traffic lights should have to pay a substantial daily fee to do so. In my street, main A910 through Kirkcaldy, they dug a hole, a couple of days before Christmas. They left it (and the associated three way lights) until a week after New Year, with no workmen present (on holiday, obviously). They then came back and filled it in. Maybe they would think twice if they had a daily fee to fork out.
Another thing you see regularly, is temporary speed limit signs at roadworks (mandatory you obey) but with no sign to tell you when the limit reverts back to normal. In theory you could be pulled for speeding three miles down the road! This is a real bugbear of my brother's (ex-polis). If you are lucky you may get an "End" sign, after the work, but this doesn't rescind the speed limit!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything