Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Spacesaver spare wheel
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 05:55:33 PM »

Yes, it doesn't happen very often, but when it does the spare wheel makes a big difference. The lack of even provision for a spare wheel makes me reluctant to replace it with a Mk 4 when the time comes.
I carry a full sized spare in my Mk4, strapped down in the boot space.It takes up quite a bit pf space but I can still fit  a medium sized suitcase laying on  top of the tyre and quite a lot of luggage to its side.   More remaining volume than the total boot space in my 2007 Yaris.   
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Tyre deflation false alarms
« Last post by dayjavoo on Today at 05:50:04 PM »
When this first happened to me, just two weeks after taking delivery of my Jazz, I immediately pulled over and checked the tyres and discovered that there was no sign of loss of pressure in any of the tyres.  It's happened a few times since then but if the car feels OK I've felt confident enough to drive carefully to the next convenient services.  I thought the false alarms could be due to the tyres warming up and the pressures increasing but the handbook says "The low tyre pressure indicator will not come on as a result of over inflation."  I just recalibrate the system and the warning goes away - until the next time!  I also recalibrate after any routine check and adjustment of tyre pressures.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: 12V Battery after long stand still
« Last post by coldstart on Today at 05:12:30 PM »
Due to (medical) circumstances, the car was not used for 71 days (10 weeks, 2½ months).
With fingers (also toes and eyes) crossed I pressed the unlock button on the key.
Flashing, mirrors unfolding and everything seems ok.

Thank you for the positive feedback on this topic!

And a hearty welcome back! I hope you are well again!
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: sunglasses for driving
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 05:06:22 PM »
I've never used photochromic lenses, you're right they don't darken down fully inside a car (opticians promote this as a benefit, "ideal for night driving"!) and also they can take a while to return to clear when you go indoors from bright sunlight. I use polarised clip-ons to reduce glare off the road (reflected light is polarised), but you have to search around to find some with a very light tint. Of course it reduces transmission of any other polarised light as well, so some screens look dim.
« Last post by Marco1979 on Today at 04:00:53 PM »
I had a polychromatic one: it is useless in a car. Now I have a polarized one which is very good when looking out of the window, but screens and buttons are more difficult to see. It takes any glare away, which is really good (and safe).
I’m very sensitive to glare, if I wasn’t I would prefer a normal tinted pair of glasses.
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 03:48:47 PM »
My optician said the same and they could be right

Mine don't darken behind glass anywhere near as dark as being out in the open
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 03:46:25 PM »
Same here, very low mileage and I could do without it for a few weeks

Just glad I subscribed to Which? Legal about a decade ago, they can fight my corner if I get any nonsense like some posts here

This is clearly a manufacturing fault as demonstrated by a recall in some countries
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Tyre deflation false alarms
« Last post by Peter5145 on Today at 03:34:09 PM »
I have a Mk 3 which is approaching five years old, and recently I've been getting a lot of false alarms or overzealous warnings from the tyre deflation indicator.

Very often it seems that as soon as I build up some speed on the motorway and the air in the tyres warms up, it triggers the indicator. I carry a pressure gauge and a pump, so it's usually no more than a minor inconvenience. Generally I find all four tyres are properly inflated anyway.

As I recently had a genuine puncture leading to full deflation of the tyre, I can't just ignore it and have to stop and check when convenient, but surely it's being very over-sensitive.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Spacesaver spare wheel
« Last post by Peter5145 on Today at 03:20:30 PM »
I have a Mk 3 Jazz and recently had a puncture resulting in full deflation of the type when I was about 60 miles away from home. Fortunately when I bought it I specified a space-saver as an extra and so was able to change the wheel and get home safely. Without this I would have been looking at recovery and considerable inconvenience.

Yes, it doesn't happen very often, but when it does the spare wheel makes a big difference. The lack of even provision for a spare wheel makes me reluctant to replace it with a Mk 4 when the time comes.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: 12V Battery after long stand still
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 02:37:02 PM »
Welcome back Jazzik  .I'd missed you. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything