Author Topic: Impressive!  (Read 2315 times)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Impressive!
« on: June 28, 2018, 10:56:53 AM »
It is worth knowing what the car is capable of.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Impressive!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 11:29:17 AM »
On the slalom, which barring real emergencies is about the ultimate a driver on the road would do, there is really very little body roll at all. I remember driving an old Renault 16, back in the early 70's, and it wanted to lie down at the least opportunity.

Skyrider

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 11:33:49 AM »
It looks like you could scratch the door handles with the Renault 16, I had a Renault 4 that did that. :-)

Here are a few fails at the moose test.

JazzyJJ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 EX CVT
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 10:38:37 AM »
I drove a 1.5 Sport yesterday  :o 

I went to dealer for something else and saw a 1.5 auto courtesy car parked up so asked the salesman if I can take it for a quick spin.... verdict -- its pretty good.

There is no rubber band on the acceleration. It responds as you press and as much as you press. I was impressed. I was zooming around and it was fun. 0-50 is pretty quick and easy. There is slightly more engine noise (but not much and was pushing it) but it sounds "grunty rather than whizzy" ie. it felt like a sporty noise rather than "im working hard" engine noise.

Id need to have another go to my confirm my first impressions -- but I liked it. Its how it should be in terms of acceleration. I have no intention to change but it has given me food for thought .....  ;)

.. but still dont like the overall look - although some colours look better than others. The red in the vid looks ok.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 10:48:16 AM by JazzyJJ »

Skyrider

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 04:31:12 PM »
Glad you liked it, a different drive to the 1.3. I don't like the boy racer plastic bodykit but if you want the engine...........It's well worth it!

JazzyJJ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 EX CVT
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 09:32:13 PM »
Glad you liked it, a different drive to the 1.3. I don't like the boy racer plastic bodykit but if you want the engine...........It's well worth it!

Did you by any chance try the 1.5 civic sport auto?

Skyrider

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 10:09:20 PM »

Did you by any chance try the 1.5 civic sport auto?

No, a Jazz is ideal for my needs but I would not have bought another 1.3. The Civic would be a bigger, heavier car with the added complication of a turbo, and heavier fuel consumption if you use the performance. With the 1.5 Jazz I don't have to worry about fuel consumption if I use its full capabilities.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 10:19:01 PM by Skyrider »

Sezlez

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 04:50:55 PM »
@JazzyJJ - re the Civic Sport - I’m a big fan of the Civic, having owned an 8th generation and a 9th generation. Loved ‘em. Fabulous 1.8 engine. But the wife constantly complained of the low seating causing her backache. The latest Civic is longer and lower than the previous model and the seating would have been a major problem for us. We’ve had the 1.5 Jazz for a couple of weeks now and find it a more practical car for our needs. I agree with @Skyrider - not a big fan of the body kit add ons, but it’s a great engine and puts a smile on my face every time I take it out.

guest7675

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 05:25:14 PM »
My new 1.5 cvt sport has a 80kg hoist in the boot and can take a pride rapid apex car boot scooter with ease and its nice to park as well.

Tags:

anything