Author Topic: Browser  (Read 993 times)

supersnipe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Jazz SE
Browser
« on: August 19, 2018, 11:48:16 AM »
Whenever I try to use the browser on my screen, the following message appears: "This browser is no longer supported". I'm not at all tech savvy, so can anyone tell me how to change my browser to Google Chrome, for example? Thank you.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Browser
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 12:28:47 PM »
Take it you are using a computer? Just download Chrome for your operating system (Windows or Mac), install it, and when asked, tell it to make it your default browser. Or are we talking something on your car?

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 01:49:36 PM »
I think I know what is happening here.....

As many people on here are aware, the Android OS (and its built-in browser) of the Connect unit is obsolete by modern standards. The default home page is Google search and I think it may be this web page which is generating the "unsupported" message. There are a couple of things you will need to do to get round this problem and it would be worth (on your home PC etc) going to www.honda.co.uk/cars and navigate to Honda Owners > More From Honda > Honda Connect FAQs and at the bottom of the list  of selected questions there is a link to download the whole set of FAQs.

Look at the section on internet browsing, especially the last item on page 9 and the first on page 10. There you will learn how to display the URL bar at the top of the browser page and also how to set the home page to something other than Google. Having got the URL bar displayed try navigating to something like www.bbc.co.uk which should work. You can then set the home page to this or any other URL or to a blank page.

Hope this helps

supersnipe

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Jazz SE
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 03:51:11 PM »
Thank you very much for your very helpful answer. I followed your advice and now have a working browser. Thanks for taking the trouble to help.

Tags:

anything