Author Topic: Ages of Jazz owners  (Read 13216 times)

guest158

Re: Ages of Jazz owners
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 04:11:11 PM »
I’m 32. I don’t know if I still qualify as young. But I really dont care what other people think. I’ve always done what I think is right without worrying about image or fashion or whatever. I got the Jazz cos it’s basically awesome. If others dont get it because they think it has the wrong image, it’s their loss.

guest283

• Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 09:00:12 PM »
Soon to be a Jazz owner!!

And i am only 45 years young!!

guest165

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 09:11:12 PM »
I don’t know what all the fuss is about. Why can’t we just have a car because we like it and not what everyone else thinks we should have, age or not.

I am nearly 43, male and on my 2nd Jazz, first was manual, 2nd, is CVT. I love it, masses of space, magic seat system is superb. MPG is 40+, gearchange seamless and because it is a Honda, nothing ever goes wrong.
I have owned the following since 1993:
1990 Honda Accord 2.0i auto(lovely car)
1995 Honda Civic marlin 3 door hatch manual
1997 Honda Civic coupe 1.6 auto
2001 Honda Accord 1.8 auto (underpowered)
2002 Honda Jazz manual (superb)
2004 Honda Jazz CVT ( love it)

And what about these stunners:
Honda NSX (input from Ayrton Senna)
Honda Civic Type R any model

Don’t worry about age, we all have one life, so live it and enjoy it, whatever you drive.

guest508

• Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 04:30:37 PM »
42. Excellent car!

guest517

• Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2008, 11:32:59 PM »
I'm coming up 37 and have just passed my driving test. Most of the time i was taught to drive in a Jazz and liked it very much. Drove my step dads Jazz back and to, to the North Wales coast and got on with it very well. I'm just worried as I'm a male driver is the Jazz more a girls and senior citizens car?
I have looked in the What Car Magazine and wanted a car that was reliable, cheap to run and not expensive to insure.
Top of the list was, guess what, a Honda Jazz, 2nd was the Skoda Fabia, but i have always loved Honda cars.
So at the moment I'm still not sure which one to go for but all i can say, the Honda Jazz is such a good car with plenty of boot space and very economical.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 11:17:43 AM »
I'm just worried as I'm a male driver is the Jazz more a girls and senior citizens car?

Most small cars seem to appear to fall into either of the following categories:

Girls Cars:
Corsa
206/207
Clio
Punto
New Fiesta

Senior Citizen's Cars:
Jazz
Micra
Yaris
Fiesta

I think the only one which escapes this segregation is the new Ibiza, which is not girly enough to scare anyway male drivers.

Many of these cars are styled to appeal to younger, usually female drivers, or are easy to get into and reliable to appeal to older drivers.

You won't find many cars without some kind of stereotype regarding the car or type of owner anyway: a Ford Focus might be a good car but to me it says to me "married with kids", or an Audi or VW Passat suggests a Motorway moron (although that last one is pretty much gospel ;) )

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 04:58:54 PM »
All I can say is that the majority of Jazz owners have reached an age and wisdom level where they have better things to spend their money on than paying for the inevitable problems and repairs that other, lesser cars seem to bring with them.

I have had Hondas before that have reached great mileage without any garage visits, just the replacement of tyres, brake pads, exhausts, and the odd battery here and there.

Anyone buying a car with their own hard earned cash should buy a Honda and lie back and enjoy not spending money on it, they may cost a little more to buy than other run of the mill cars, but they have low depreciation and will certainly save you heaps of money and inconvenience as well as put the pleasure back into driving.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 02:50:43 PM »
A young 46 driving a Jazz thats cheap to insure (£113.69 fully comp), cheap to run, on average 49.04mpg and imported from Japan with a massive saving of over £3000.00 on a lower spec UK car. One happy Jazzy Owner

I hope the normal people reading this forum don't think all Jazz owners are anoraks who quote 'average 49.04mpg' - are you sure some didn't evaporate and you really got 50.65mpg - you will never be sure now, but don't worry about it.

Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest523

• Topic Starter
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 07:23:41 AM »
Im 33 yrs old with a small family my wife loves ford(KA purple) but the jazz offers us a perfect family car with small hatchback looks to keep us all happy. Havig said this we stretched the budget wifey has had a purple ka . means i get the jazz cooooooool!

guest601

• Topic Starter
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 12:55:33 PM »
I've just bought a Jazz, and I'm 24. I love it!

guest684

• Topic Starter
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 05:56:43 PM »
37 single male with girlfriend, home owner, was a devout VW owner until I got bored of the thought of owning a Polo.  There is a respect and dare I say coolness about my sharp looking Jazz thats growing on me, friends and the occasional collegue, although seeing those 'old' drivers and the dodgy school-run-mums does knock the coolness back a little at times!

bibisjazz

• Topic Starter
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 09:46:37 AM »
I was 30  :-[ when i bought my CVT and now i am 34  8) with my new I-SHIFT. Happy happy jazz owner.!!!

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 02:08:59 PM »
I'm 30 coming from a EP3 CTR that i've had for the last 7years  :D

Gary

Tags: