Author Topic: Door mirror squeaks when opening and closing  (Read 39285 times)

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
Door mirror squeaks when opening and closing
« on: March 29, 2024, 12:52:53 PM »
Other than that operates normally. Any ideas?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Door mirror squeaks when opening and closing
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 01:13:42 PM »
Lubricate with some silicone spray where the 2 plastic parts move
Let's be careful out there !

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 01:14:36 PM »
Could be on its way out. A few of us here have had the passenger side mirror inner workings changed under warranty. It starts with a few squeaks/grinding noises, and eventually fails to open intermittently. Seems to be a faulty gear that eventually gives up the ghost.

JJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 06:41:39 PM »
Could be on its way out. A few of us here have had the passenger side mirror inner workings changed under warranty. It starts with a few squeaks/grinding noises, and eventually fails to open intermittently. Seems to be a faulty gear that eventually gives up the ghost.

It is the passenger side. Under warranty to November 2025 so will contact Honda Eastbourne next week.

JJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2024, 06:31:22 PM »

It is the passenger side. Under warranty to November 2025 so will contact Honda Eastbourne next week.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 04:48:24 PM by JJazz »

Roger

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5i MMD Hybrid Xstar EX
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2024, 11:11:45 AM »
Had same problem! Yesterday had it changed under warranty.

CutieJazzy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 - Honda Jazz EX 2022
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2024, 11:44:41 AM »
I was literally about to post regarding this exact issue! My car is only 2 years old so hopefully I can get this fixed under warranty. I’ll contact my Honda dealership.

Spodric

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR I-MMD CVT 2020
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2024, 09:44:05 AM »
My Jazz had the passenger mirror motor replaced under warranty, when it was almost 3 years old,

Seems to be a common fault.

Another wasted day I won't get back. The Mk4 has had more problems than the ultra-reliable Mk2 it replaced. The latest being the brake simulator failure. 

Marko55

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz crosstar picked up march 2022
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2024, 05:24:23 PM »
Had 2nd year service done 2 weeks ago and reported passenger side making a noise when locking car. Getting changed tomorrow while I wait under warranty  :)

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2024, 06:22:08 AM »
My Jazz had the passenger mirror motor replaced under warranty, when it was almost 3 years old,

Another wasted day I won't get back. The Mk4 has had more problems than the ultra-reliable Mk2 it replaced. The latest being the brake simulator failure.

Which is why I will not be replacing my Mark 2 Jazz with a Honda.  (likely to be a Yaris)

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2024, 07:37:15 AM »

Which is why I will not be replacing my Mark 2 Jazz with a Honda.  (likely to be a Yaris)
My 2007 Yaris was  reliable. No problem with folding mirrors ,because like most cars at that time it didnt have them.     But it did have some recalls. The tanaka airbag, and a couple of others.

Also the  alternator needed replacement at about 40,000 milles and it  broke a road spring . Not bad in 14 years of ownership but only then did I learn that both are relatively common weaknesses on the Yaris of that era, with alternators sometimes failing much sooner than mine did.     

Cars have become more complex in recent years. More stuff to potentially go wrong.  Unless you are replacing your Mk2 jazz with a car of similar age and relative simplicity  an alternative brand may have its own set of problems only evident if you do enough research.   
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 07:42:49 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2024, 07:57:58 AM »

My friend bought a new Yaris Cross, around the same time I bought the Jazz. She has already had it back in for a wheel bearing failure, a discharged battery and a failed infotainment system.

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2024, 08:12:50 AM »
It’s the dealer who can make a big difference to the brand experience! Those family owned businesses do go the extra distance to keep customers happy and valued ! My local Toyota and Honda garages provide service standards you expect when you are spending thousands on buying and then maintaining a car ! And as others have said todays cars are hugely sophisticated so whatever you drive it’s unlikely to be trouble free . Mark 2 and 3 jazz are a step behind in technology so may have been more reliable over a decade of use !

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 jazz Hybrid EX Chrystal Red
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2024, 09:24:01 AM »

What is the common problem in Toyota Yaris?
Toyota Yaris Reliability and Common Problems - In The Garage ...
The Yaris is a good vehicle for first-time car owners who don't want to spend too much on repair and maintenance. Commonly reported Yaris problems: speed control trouble, bad engine mount, automatic transmission issues, faulty airbag inflators, steering malfunction, and paint issues.15 Sept

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2024, 10:03:25 AM »
The Jazz problems look to me like a rush to production without adequate testing or Quality Control.

Tags:

anything