Author Topic: Bonnet sensor  (Read 3046 times)

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
Bonnet sensor
« on: May 06, 2024, 04:46:11 PM »
Where is the sensor

GBH

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX Auto
Re: Bonnet sensor
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2024, 08:55:05 AM »
Do you mean a sensor that warns that the bonnet is not fully latched closed?

I wasn't aware that these cars had such sophistication. Mine is one of the higher specifications and I cannot find it mentioned in the owner's handbook.

chrisv

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 04:00:22 PM »
Hi,
Bonnet sensor is attached to bonnet latch, I disconnected mine and it seems to have cured the problem of alarm going off intermittently and reluctant to lock. I disconnected the wiring plug and it seems to have cured the problem. Honda will only sell you a complete latch for £120 or fit it for you for £350, looks like I'll do without a bonnet sensor for my 2011 car

chrisv

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2024, 07:25:48 PM »
Hi,
Failed

chrisv

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2024, 02:05:27 PM »
Found that if you lock the car with the key it doesn't set the alarm, could be a work around

chrisv

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2024, 10:14:28 AM »
Hi,
Gave up trying to sort alarm and took it to Honda dealer. They diagnosed the boot latch sensor as the problem, just short of £400 including diagnosis, new latch and fitting. I have a loan car while mine is being fixed, it's a jazz hybrid, what a strange machine, all seems to work ok, goes well, sits nicely on the road but what a load of gadgets and gizmos, not for me,
Chris

GBH

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX Auto
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2024, 07:27:12 AM »
Glad you got it sorted. Would not have thought to look at the other end of the car.

I suppose that is the price you pay to cover the cost of the expensive tools that are necessary these days. It is this that is putting me off getting an EV. One of my sons has a fairly new (to me) Volvo that has stop/start and what looks like an iPad in the centre of the dash which includes all-round cameras for parking. It recently cost him over £700 for the dealer to supply and fit two new batteries!  His car isn't even a hybrid - just a diesel with stop/start. He probably could have bought two batteries from Halfords for a fraction of the price but he didn't know if they needed matching to the car or not as there was no clear answer to say if it was needed. At least he got a 12 month guarantee with them so if there is a problem the garage will replace them FOC.

chrisv

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2024, 09:04:33 AM »
Hi,
Yes the times have gone when you could lift the bonnet and fix it yourself, nowadays the mechanic plugs in the computer and replaces what it says it needs, no thought to repairing the parts.

Tags:

anything