Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Lincolnshire Rambler on Today at 03:20:55 PM »
If honda are paying for tbe replacement defective part then the non delivery of that part is causing the need to hire a replacement. Simple Honda should pay if that delay is weeks and weeks . You cant buy the part elsewhere .My dealer would provide a courtesy car under such circumstances even if Honda Uk wont ! Thats why the family owned dealers keep their valued customers !! You absolutely wouldnt get this treatment with toyota or lexus !
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: 12 V battery warning light
« Last post by Lincolnshire Rambler on Today at 03:12:14 PM »
Thanks ! Im still waiting the loom to arrive from japan … yes honda do have the rodent proof tape listed as an offical part number ….. £73 for a 20m roll.. I’ m in two minds to buy some and wrap the new loom before its replaced …. Of course it would be if the new loom arrived wrapped with it to start with ….
Car Care & Detailing / Re: problem with ABS activation in potholes
« Last post by Venetia on Today at 10:29:53 AM »
whichever side I hit or both, the result is the same
Car Care & Detailing / Re: problem with ABS activation in potholes
« Last post by madasafish on Today at 10:14:33 AM »
ABS sensor or ABS ring broken? Or loose sensor?
Does it happen when you hit a pothole on one side of the car only? Or both?
Car Care & Detailing / problem with ABS activation in potholes
« Last post by Venetia on Today at 09:57:56 AM »
I have a 2002 honda jazz, which until recently was trouble free.
For the past year, when I need to brake gently and hit a pothole, at low speed, the ABS kicks in.
This means that for a few meters the car does not stop.

I changed pads, changed shock absorbers and while at first the problem improves,
after a while it's the same again.
Does anyone have a similar experience?
« Last post by Nicksey on Today at 08:14:16 AM »
I have just checked mine, and it is all there. The first service at 12350 miles gives a full report, and interestingly there is this in the list:

B Inspect brake hoses and lines (including VSA lines
Check master cylinder and VSA modulator control unit for damage and leakage.

Was checked and OK'd. Phew.
Also under the 'recalls' check box, there was nothing to indicate any.

Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Carb flooded.
« Last post by BlueMonday on Today at 08:02:50 AM »
Thank-you for the helpful replies and the link.

So if it happens again, floor the throttle while cranking the engine.

My suspicion was correct about me causing the problem by starting the engine and turning it straight off again.
« Last post by Guinness 2 on Today at 07:43:13 AM »
 I checked my account to look at my service (first) carried out on 20th March. The page informed me that 'We found Digital Service Records for the following vehicle(s)' but further down the page i was informed 'There are no services associated to this VIN.'  There was no information about the service on the page. I'm going to call my dealership later.
« Last post by Spodric on Today at 12:10:08 AM »
Your Digital Service record can be checked here: https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/digital-service-record.html

You need to have or create a Honda account.

Right now I have no desire whatever to create a Honda account. This is why:

Today I received an email from Honda UK rejecting my claim for hire car costs.

One risible ground being that Honda UK considers that the repair under warranty is not due to a material or manufacturing defect. Eh? How does that work? If the "brake simulator unit" failed after a relatively short period, and relatively low mileage, requiring urgent replacement, it is most likely because this component had a latent defect caused by a faulty manufacturing process. Honda knows this. We know Honda knows this.

The other ground being that the "loss" indemnity only covers the repair. It does not apply to financial loss. That restrictively narrow interpretation is utter nonsense. I am relying on the plain meaning of Honda's guarantee and indemnity wording. I reckon any Judge is likely to prefer my conventional interpretation of Clause 13 b) ii. Which is badly drafted anyway.

I am supposed to contact Honda Escalation if I am not satisfied. Who or what is Honda Escalation? Has any other ClubJazz poster dealt with them? If so, how did that go?

Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Depressing insurance news
« Last post by Beanbag on April 25, 2024, 09:57:19 PM »
Just changed my 2017 Mazda MX5 2 litre for a Jazz 1.5 Sport ,( age catching up and entry and exit was getting more and more embarrassing). But surprised the 2018 Jazz of similar value, but without the speed was £100 more p.a.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10