Author Topic: Will the 2017 HR-V be a rare sight?  (Read 14899 times)

guest1372

Will the 2017 HR-V be a rare sight?
« on: August 08, 2016, 08:58:57 PM »
Some secondhand information with carries a bit more weight than mere rumour, suggests that in 2017 HR-Vs will be up to 6.5% more expensive.  The particular dealer network in question has predicted pretty low sales volumes but expects to offset this with increased demand for Civics at the same price point. 

Not sure if this due to sterling devaluation or not, as global component count is pretty high irrespective of the assembly plant used for each model.
--
TG

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Will the 2017 HR-V be a rare sight?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 10:25:48 AM »
Just look on Autotrader.

Nearly new 2016 models with £6-7k off list..

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 12:01:43 AM »
Increasing the price is bonkers - it's surely far too expensive already.

Don't know about the 2017 model being a rare sight - I've never seen a 2016 one on the road.   Yet absolutely loads of Jazz where we live - although again, very few mk3's.  Locally I thnk Honda have messed up by canning two really good long-established local dealers and giving the franchise to a useless bunch of muppets.

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 09:34:45 AM »
Price increase will surely help them (not). They are a rare sight already and I have seen a total of 3.

Apparently Honda is asking dealers to do extra checks on the stocks before delivery as the Mexico assembled HR-V has been a nightmare in terms of issues.

guest6230

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 01:58:01 PM »
Probably explains why I see so many Kia SUV's.

Pound has recently devalued by 16% against the Yen recently according to the news today.

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 03:05:27 PM »
Spoke too soon. Found this parked near the office the other day!
Looks handsome  8)

[attachment deleted by admin]

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 07:01:31 PM »
Honda's sales targets for the HR-V appear to be very conservative considering this a booming sector, just look at how many Nissan Jukes are on the road. Either the Mexican factory is prioritising North American production or Honda would rather customers buy a Swindon-made Civic.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 08:37:29 PM »
Honda's sales targets for the HR-V appear to be very conservative considering this a booming sector, just look at how many Nissan Jukes are on the road. Either the Mexican factory is prioritising North American production or Honda would rather customers buy a Swindon-made Civic.

Nissan Joke prices finish roundabout where HRV prices start - the Nissan Puke is also tiny inside with virtually no rear legroom and a small boot and can't really be compared with HRV for interior space.   My neighbour thought about buying a Juke until they actually drove one - kinda went off the idea after that.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 09:32:18 PM »
I think Kia's new Niro may give HR-V something to worry about.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2016, 09:29:00 PM »
I think Kia's new Niro may give HR-V something to worry about.
I've been reading up on the Niro: In addition to having a reasonable implementation of a petrol electric hybrid system (perhaps not so different to the hybrid HRV which hasn't appeared in UK but a lot more power than the IMA system in the Jazz Mk 2) it has different implementations of the various bits of technology and pricing which is more competitive than the HRV. And with the battery being under the back seat there's still a place for a spare wheel. It merits a closer look and monitoring of feedback from owners.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Rory

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 10:56:36 PM »
Saw my first HR-V on the road at the weekend.   A silver one.

Wow - that's taken a long time!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 09:02:24 PM »
After much deliberation I have just swapped my orange Jazz and a pile of money for a blue HRV (ex-demonstrator). The Niro didn't provide the higher than Jazz seating position which both myself and my wife were keen to have. Transition to the new vehicle was relatively painless given that most of the controls and features (both good and bad) are the same.

I also considered the Suzuki Vitara which offers a higher seating position in a vehicle slightly smaller than the HRV (plus a good set of features). However, the internal capacity is probably less than the Jazz, never mind the HRV. Flat-folding rear seats plus the magic seats are features which I may not be used very often but I do not want to lose.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:03:43 AM by John Ratsey »

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 01:47:35 PM »
I have just swapped my orange Jazz and a pile of money for a blue HRV .... Flat-folding rear seats plus the magic seats are features which I may not be used very often but I do not want to lose.
I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.  Serial Jazz owning friends have retained their original 2000 HRV from new as they have lots of parking space and like to keep each new Jazz pristine.  I find their original HRV quite fun to be in although it's now only valued at £500.  Never faulty although now a little rusty.
--
TG

Rory

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 08:19:30 PM »
There a lookalike Toyota coming soon too.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2016, 08:43:19 PM »
There a lookalike Toyota coming soon too.
The C-HR might have similar external dimensions to the HR-V and some similarities in the styling but it doesn't appear to match the HR-V's internal space and flexibility (see http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/toyota/12t-dynamic-5dr/first-drive). There is a hybrid option (based on the Prius) but the lower VED will only apply if registered before 1st April 2017.

Tags:

anything