Author Topic: Tailgate not unlocking  (Read 3250 times)

MilesDavis

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 2019
Tailgate not unlocking
« on: March 12, 2024, 09:20:16 PM »
Hi, I've just been given a Honda Jazz, 2019 plate EX nav. There's one issue that I so far haven't been able to resolve. I can't unlock the boot.

So, if I use the key fob or physical key, the doors all make a clicking sound on unlock or lock but not the tailgate. Not sure if this is usual. Anyway, if I press the button on the tailgate nothing happens. Absolutely nothing.

I've tested the wires, and the actuator on the lock, they're all good for current or resistance. If I remove the wire to the tailgate button, as soon as I plug it back in, the boot unlocks. Does this sound like a broken switch, and is this a common thing on the Jazz? Is it a simple swap for a new one?

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
Re: Tailgate not unlocking
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 11:51:54 AM »
There is technically no lock on the tailgate, locking is provided by de-activating the release function from the button. So if when the vehicle is unlocked the tailgate does not open, then it very well could be just the switch, if you have confirmed that the latch release motor works. If bridging the 2 wires across the then opens the tailgate, then that would prove it is the switch.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Tailgate not unlocking
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 12:26:02 PM »
You could always replace with used part once the fault has been diagnosed & confirmed .

Tags:

anything