Author Topic: Jazz CVT Judder  (Read 3514 times)

guest7229

Jazz CVT Judder
« on: November 12, 2017, 11:43:23 AM »
My 2006 Jaz CVT now judders quite considerably when I pull away from rest. Is this a sign of something expensive about to happen? Can I fix it myself quit easily by replacing some kind of fluid or should I take it to a garage? I have just done 50000 miles so quite low mileage for an 11 year old car.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Jazz CVT Judder
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 12:08:31 PM »
Welcome, Vic. This is a common problem on the CVT. Just needs the transmission fluid changed, possibly with a flush, using the correct Honda fluid to top up. Plenty of discussion on this forum. I'll post you a link.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 12:10:58 PM »
here is one such link.
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8435.msg42976#msg42976
Plenty more on the forum.

guest7229

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 02:38:38 PM »
Welcome, Vic. This is a common problem on the CVT. Just needs the transmission fluid changed, possibly with a flush, using the correct Honda fluid to top up. Plenty of discussion on this forum. I'll post you a link.
Thank you for that. It seams that a lot of people use a special additive but hopefully just a change of the correct Honda fluid will do. Sometimes the problem isn't too bad and I'm tempted to leave it until my next annual service in April. Do you know if there is any damage likely being done?

guest7207

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 03:32:30 PM »
Hello Vic and welcome personal I would say change the fluid as soon as you can with genuine Honda CVT-F, as over time any fluid can degrade, if never been changed it still been in car for 11 years say so that in it self would value a change, I know others might disagree with this but fluid is cheaper than leaving it to get worse and ending up with a bigger problem..
Thanks
Andy

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 09:36:11 PM »
As above, draining and refilling with Honda CVT-F fluid is the solution, if it's really mucky/bad then drain/refill twice.  It is part of the standard service schedule but unless you're getting serviced at the dealer then it's likely to have been missed.  Additives may work but should only be considered a temporary measure.
--
TG

Tags: