Author Topic: Noise / vibration when stationary on brake (cvt)  (Read 940 times)

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 jazz
Noise / vibration when stationary on brake (cvt)
« on: August 13, 2020, 12:31:41 PM »
When I come to a stop and keep footbrake on, car still in D, I hear some noise. Sometimes it’s slight and quiet sometimes scary and loud, sometimes lasts for half a second then 2 seconds pause and it keeps repeating, other times it’s constant. It is a different type of sound at different times, nothing in common. Initially it was happening every now and again and it stopped when I eased off the brake pedal slightly (car remained stationary), now it’s happening pretty much every time I stop in traffic and easing off the pedal does not help anymore, but when I move gearstick to N and back in D it goes away. Sometimes comes back after a few seconds of being back in D. Today I noticed there is a very slight vibration I can feel in the car when it is happening, it goes away when I move to N or pull away. Any idea what it could be and is it serious / urgent? CVT fluid replaced by Honda about half a year ago, car only did 13k miles since and there is no judder I had before so I presume it’s something different now. All is fine while driving it’s just when I’m stationary that’s the problem

Tags: