Author Topic: Back seat latch  (Read 1918 times)

MariamcBertie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz mk2 09 semi automatic
Back seat latch
« on: January 17, 2019, 03:03:22 PM »
Hi all, never paid much attention to them until i folded my seats down today after an allotment shopping trip, but when I fold the back seats into normal position the bottom cushion won't latch properly into the floor. They just lift again if I pull them. I find it odd to notice both faulty at the same time. Are they supposed to lock down? I presume they do?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Back seat latch
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 03:10:48 PM »
They don't lock down, just up.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 03:12:55 PM »
Seats don't actually latch to the floor, the round bar on bottom of seat just sits in a plastic moulding on the floor.  The rear of the seats does have two positions though, one upright and on reclined, if you let the seat go back to its normal ( upright ) position you can pull the latch and move seat back to another more reclined position.  There is also a secret compartment in the bottom of rear seat behind the passenger seat, you can only get to it with seat squab in the up position and it is hidden when you fold seat squab back down. The compartment is big enough for owners manual so quite useful.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

MariamcBertie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz mk2 09 semi automatic
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 03:23:32 PM »
Hi thanks for replying, so perfectly normal when in normal seat position to be able to just pull the bottom part up? Just worried about the kids if the unthinkable happened. It does have a metal latch there but doesn't do much

Tags:

anything