Author Topic: Jazz badge  (Read 2583 times)

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
Jazz badge
« on: May 30, 2018, 11:44:52 AM »
Hi,
The jazz badge on the back of my 2011 cvt came loose so i twisted it off, only one blob of the glue was still holding. I was going to leave it off and just clean off the remnants of the glue but it is rock hard. I've tried brake and clutch cleaner, stain remover both times on a cloth over my finger but no joy, don't want to damage the paintwork, any suggestions or do i have to araldite it back on?
Chris

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Jazz badge
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 12:00:23 PM »
Hi,
The jazz badge on the back of my 2011 cvt came loose so i twisted it off, only one blob of the glue was still holding. I was going to leave it off and just clean off the remnants of the glue but it is rock hard. I've tried brake and clutch cleaner, stain remover both times on a cloth over my finger but no joy, don't want to damage the paintwork, any suggestions or do i have to araldite it back on?
Chris

Try WD-40 its a good cleaner but a lousy lubricant.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 12:52:16 PM »
Gentle heat gun.. note GENTLE - and mask surrounding paintwork

guest7630

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 08:42:53 PM »
Chris, if you leave it off, may I buy it from you? Mine was missing when I bought it, I can't see any evidence of glue so it must be removable somehow.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 11:08:02 AM »
Hair dryer heat is normally enough. As madasafish says, take care with a heat gun as you don't want to scorch the lacquer.

chrisv

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 05:06:37 PM »
Hi,
They are on ebay for around £17, it would appear they are self adhesive and people talk about cleanimg off the residue with white spirit but the residue on mine is rock hard and impervious. I wonder if its fallen off before and  been refixed with araldite, could explain a lot,
Chris

guest7630

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 10:59:35 PM »
I just got one for 8 quid on eBay, it was recommended that 3m double sided tape is used. I also have some rubber corner bumper strips to fit, they came ready taped. Just have to make sure surfaces are clean before sticking, isopropylalcohol is good for that.

Spencer69

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ I-VTEC SI 5 dr (nearly)!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 07:55:56 PM »
Hi Reverse and others...know where you're all coming from and cannot say enough for 3m double sided...and also a hair drier!

Reminds me 2 years ago when added door rubber strips that I purchased online (sure I covered a little bit on a post on subject). As well as already said...isopropyl...or the swabs used before giving or having bloods tests (can get from pharmacy) used as last part of prep teatment to area where 3m double sided going to be applied...if it not such a warm day, a slow blast over area with hair drier to warm panel to receive 3m adhesive advised. Mine have beeon on over 2 years and as solid as damn sure can be.

Tags:

anything