Author Topic: Which crush washers for 2012 Hybrid GP1?  (Read 1217 times)

herut

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 jazz hybrid
Which crush washers for 2012 Hybrid GP1?
« on: November 11, 2018, 09:14:07 PM »
Hi All.
My car is a 2012 Jazz Hybrid GP1 (GP18 to be exact) with CVT. I can't seem to find which crush washer is correct for the OIL DRAIN plug, and which one is correct for the CVT DRAIN plug. I changed my oil recently and re-used the crush washer [bad...] because the dealer gave me the wrong one! When I did the CVT fluid, I also re-used the crush washer which was practically 'welded on' to the housing. But for my next servicing of fluids, I really do want to replace those. (I didn't see part numbers in the online manual, and I'm not 100% sure the manual matches my car.) Thanks!
Jeff

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Which crush washers for 2012 Hybrid GP1?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 10:38:13 PM »
Hi All.
My car is a 2012 Jazz Hybrid GP1 (GP18 to be exact) with CVT. I can't seem to find which crush washer is correct for the OIL DRAIN plug, and which one is correct for the CVT DRAIN plug. I changed my oil recently and re-used the crush washer [bad...] because the dealer gave me the wrong one! When I did the CVT fluid, I also re-used the crush washer which was practically 'welded on' to the housing. But for my next servicing of fluids, I really do want to replace those. (I didn't see part numbers in the online manual, and I'm not 100% sure the manual matches my car.) Thanks!
Jeff

The crush washers are standard sizes as makers tend to use same threads on drain plugs.

You can buy aluminium and copper washers online or do like I did and get a box of copper washers from Halfords. I have replaced aluminium washers with copper ones many times on cars and bikes, I think copper are better but aluminium is cheaper. The washers get work hardened in use but you can re-use copper washers if you anneal them by heating them up over a gas flame until copper dull red heat or green appears in the flame and then dropping them into cold water - you can let the copper cool slowly but it remains dull and scaly, by dropping it in water it knocks the scale off and turns nice and shiny.  Don't know what you do to anneal aluminium ones but I seem to remember seeing something online about how to do it.

Every time you anneal and re-use a washer it gets a bit thinner, so use them just a couple of times before changing for new one.

The standard Honda aluminium sump washer is 14.25mm ( 0.560" or 9/16" ) internal diameter x 22mm OD x 1.9mm thick ( say 2mm) don't know if transmission drain is same washer. -If you buy filter from a dealer you normally get offered a sealing washer, and from cox motor parts IIRC.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:47:34 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

herut

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 jazz hybrid
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 10:06:36 AM »
Hi Culzean. Thank you for your reply. The reason I was looking for confirmation of the Honda part numbers, is because I hope to order the crush washers online.

My understanding is that:  94109-1400 (14mm) is the correct OIL plug drain washer; and,
                                           90471-PX40000 (18mm) is the correct CVT plug washer, but before ordering, I wanted to make sure that those were correct for a 2012 Jazz Hybrid GP1. If anyone can confirm these part numbers, that would be great as I did not find an 'exploded view' of parts with part numbers.

Thanks,
Jeff

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 08:11:33 PM »
Got to love the Jazz forum. A quick search and I find the exact answer I was looking for!
@Culzean - Thank you for your detailed response. :D

Tags:

anything