Author Topic: New member  (Read 2220 times)

guest1380

« on: May 01, 2010, 02:48:26 PM »
Hi, I'm Tobs and I just bought an 06 Jazz Sport this morning.  :)  Got it PartEx on my very old Honda Civic(98 1.8VTi).  Only slight disappointment is that wing mirrors can't be set to fold in every time the car is locked.  Everything else is great so far, really pleased with the car.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 07:38:50 PM »
But the mirrors can be folded at a touch of a button.

Located next to the mirror adjuster, right hand side of the steering wheel.

guest1380

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 07:44:03 PM »
haha, yep, but it would be nice if they just did it, like on lots of other cars - the overhead light comes on when you turn the ignition off, so why not fold in the mirrors when you lock the doors too?..  Just a small thing, probably be on a later model.  ;)

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 07:50:45 PM »
According to Honda the folding of the door mirrors is for assisting in parking in narrow spaces.

If the space your parking in is soo narrow you need to fold the mirrors then surely the space is just too small?

Aneway I always fold them in when I park up anywhere I go. Too many idiots around who think its fun to knock door mirrors off!

guest1380

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 08:32:38 PM »
Yep, the Civic I just sold had the mirror broken twice so I started folding it everytime when I got out of the car.  I park on the street so it would have been nice for them to auto fold on lock, but never mind, a button is still easier than by hand.

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 11:19:16 AM »
I like the way mirrors can be folded by pressing a button; it makes it easier to drive in and out of my garage ( awkward as it is not aligned with the drive).

Tags: