Author Topic: New member  (Read 2043 times)

guest1293

« on: March 19, 2010, 08:54:53 PM »
Hi one and all,
I think Honda are keeping no stock these days and are making cars to order. I decided it would be rude not to take up the scrappage offer so 14th Feb I ordered a Storm Grey EX-T (I-shift). With the MOT expiring on the old S reg Civic on Feb 27th I resigned myself to waiting for the car to be delivered to PDI on 15th March. I was told on the 16th March that it could be another 2 weeks yet :o :(
Anyone else suffering from this problem ?

I put pen to paper and contacted Honda UK letting them know of my extra expenses travelling by train and the extra 2 hours a day on the journey time. Let's see what they offer ::). The local guys at Springfield Honda Scotswood road have been mint. Got an email to say they are organising anInsight for me next week ;D so things are looking up a bit and I can always purloin the Mem Sahib's GD 1.4CVT

Can anyone give me any feedback as to how good the SSD Sat Nav performs ?

Regards
Ken

guest1262

• Topic Starter
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 09:45:25 PM »
I think Honda are keeping no stock these days and are making cars to order. I decided it would be rude not to take up the scrappage offer so 14th Feb I ordered a Storm Grey EX-T (I-shift). With the MOT expiring on the old S reg Civic on Feb 27th I resigned myself to waiting for the car to be delivered to PDI on 15th March. I was told on the 16th March that it could be another 2 weeks yet :o :(
Anyone else suffering from this problem ?

The problem might be demand. We got our Jazz this week. And as I drove in tonight I noticed a neighbour two doors away getting out of a new Sherbet Blue EX. The market appears to be picking up.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 02:23:56 PM »
If the number of new Jazzes I see driving around is repeated across the country I think demand for Jazz is outstripping supply - especially now it is made in the UK. Most people are patriotic when it comes to British jobs, and until the Jazz was built in UK most of the scrappage allowance (UK taxpayers money) was flowing out to France and Italy on their cheap and nasty small cars.

People are cottoning on that the older people know something when they buy Hondas and lets face it the Jazz is pretty easy on the eye, and on the pocket in the long run.

Its not a Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily) or a Fiat (Fix It Again Tomorrow).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

katiekoo

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 04:48:55 PM »
Newbie error, just posted in the wrong bit to introduce myself and my Jazz (which I haven't picked up yet but ought to be here next Wednesday, they are shipping it from another dealer so I can have the Deep Sapphire...  ;D

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 08:08:55 PM »
Welcome Katiekoo :)

Culzean....I think the main beneficiary of the scrappage scheme were the Koreans.

Interesting....the Hyundai i10 is made in India and the Citroen C1/Peugeot 107 and Fiat Panda/500 are made in Eastern Europe.

Tags:

anything