Author Topic: Mirror Dash cam/reversing cam  (Read 1521 times)

kevinivtec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ivtec ex i shift auto
Mirror Dash cam/reversing cam
« on: July 21, 2018, 03:40:39 PM »
Hi all just purchased and fitted an Autovox m6 mirror dash cam and reversing camera Brilliant device fed all the wires through the boot and head lining works brilliantly just clips over mirror anyone had any experience of this device??? could save a few quid on insurance £70 on Amazon well worth it

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
Re: Mirror Dash cam/reversing cam
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 11:57:30 AM »
Hi,
Just to let you know that a number of our car insurance schemes offer premium discounts for the fitment of a HD Dash Cam.
Regards,
Daniel.

Brian_I

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i-VTEC ES Plus 5dr
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 04:22:58 PM »
Hi all just purchased and fitted an Autovox m6 mirror dash cam and reversing camera Brilliant device fed all the wires through the boot and head lining works brilliantly just clips over mirror anyone had any experience of this device??? could save a few quid on insurance £70 on Amazon well worth it

Could you give a bit more info on how you fitted it, such as how you fed the wires? I'm thinking about one of those rear number plate parking sensors for my jazz, but this dash cam / reversing camera seems a better set up for the money.

kevinivtec

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ivtec ex i shift auto
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 12:02:07 AM »
hi yes  bought the m6 autovox fitted the rear camera between the number plate  drilled a small hole for the cable fed it into the rear boot cavity , means removing the cover trim very easy fe it along to the rubber flexi grommet pipe and down through the  body work corner post into rear light cluster  connected live feed wire  was white cable reversing light to red cable on wire supplied so when you select reverse you supply a live feed to unit the rest of the cable i feed into the headlong just pushing it under the lip to hide it connected the autovox  over the mirror with supplied clips fed live feed from cigar lighter socket under  passenger bin up door trim  under front headlining to unit  very easy, works brilliantly gives reverse camera when needed constantly records on front camera, will take still pics and has movement sensor if anyone approaches car, you will need to but a micro 32gb sd card for it to run paid £77 on amazon well well worth the money for combined dash cam and reversing camera hope this helps

Brian_I

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i-VTEC ES Plus 5dr
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 05:10:21 PM »
Thanks for the description of how you installed it.

Was looking for a "no drilling required" install though.

Tags: