Author Topic: I am Johnnyjazz no more  (Read 2527 times)

JohnnyJazz

I am Johnnyjazz no more
« on: October 17, 2017, 06:22:18 PM »
Time to say goodbye. Even though I do not post on a regular basis, I read and check over the forum most days.
I have part exchanged my Jazz Si for a new (to me) car. I have bought a Nissan Qashqai in search of a more comfy ride and a higher driving position and easier access for my wife. I will miss all the good points of the 3 jazzes I have had but it's time to go.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:25:06 PM by JohnnyJazz »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: I am Johnnyjazz no more
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 08:43:00 PM »
The access thing can be an issue (although the Jazz is as good if not better than most superminis in this regard). My daughter, who suffers from a back problem, finds her Qashqai so much easier than her old Fiesta when it comes to loading the kids in the vehicle - the height is the thing here.

Enjoy your new motor.

guest6630

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 10:14:11 AM »
Mmm interesting, l was talking to a elderly neighbor a few weeks ago who has changed from a qashqai to a new mk 3 jazz and finds it bigger inside and easier to get into.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 10:35:32 AM »
Mmm interesting, l was talking to a elderly neighbor a few weeks ago who has changed from a qashqai to a new mk 3 jazz and finds it bigger inside and easier to get into.

Bloke I used to work with had a Quashqai and he had quite a few problems with it including needing a new engine after not many miles (still under warranty,  but worrying),  said build quality was bad, and when he came to buy tyres (they are an even odder size than Jazz 16") he was looking at £180 a corner, he managed to get some for about £150 but still £600 for tyres  :o (he described the car as an Almera on stilts)

Another mate had a Nissan Joke as courtesy car while his Lexus (company car) was in for some work,  I could not believe how little legroom there was in the rear,  and the boot was tiny and a weird shape (I have a some photos I took somewhere).
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:37:20 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 01:07:42 PM »
I think it's a Juke! But Joke sounds better and made me smile.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

jonathan

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4SE
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 01:49:56 PM »
Hi Johnny Jazz,

I have a Qashqai though a company car scheme, and I think its a very nice car. Best of all are the isofix mounts, which are the easiest to get to that ive had of any car. Opposing to Culzean's remarks every car, even Jazzes, I know but its true, have problems  :)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 08:10:59 PM »
Enjoy your new Qashqai. :)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 11:00:43 AM »
I think it's a Juke! But Joke sounds better and made me smile.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

I actually normally call them the Nissan Cashcow and the Nissan Joke or Puke.

They say 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' (design is a very subjective thing)  - but it just shows how perverse the buyers can be,  Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles must have been on the panel that voted Joke car of the year LOL.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 11:05:02 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 11:18:17 AM »
I quite like the look of the Juke. I thought it was hideous at first, but once I saw it in the flesh, I quite liked it.
Wouldn't have one though.
The HRV and CRV I don't like the look of, but I'd love one! Hated the look of the Jazz before I bought one!!

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 03:33:01 PM »
I had a ride in a Juke a few years ago. I thought it was a pointless vehicle - neither one thing nor another - very small in the back and the roof was uncomfortably low.

The Qashqai is different. A much more useable car. Long term reliability only average according to Which however.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 04:46:14 PM »
Never been in one. I've envied a few cars then been extremely disappointed when I tried them.
Heard once about a guy who ordered a Morgan, waited 18 months to take delivery, then was too tall to get in it!

Tags:

anything