Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
If it's a prereg car then it is a "used" car and I hope your not paying the full book price.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: My New MK3 Jazz
« Last post by Downsizer on Today at 02:23:26 PM »
Re Dogbuiscuits unfixable faults, there has been lengthy discussion elsewhere about starting difficulty, which is sometimes attributed to fuel flooding following repeated starts in a short time with the engine still cold.  The answer seems to be to floor the accelerator and use the starter once, which clears the flooding.  Someone who has experienced this may like to comment with more authority than me.

When the parking sensors fail to function, is the light on the sensor switch lit (to the right of the steering column, low down)?
 :'(

Oh well, I have just been informed that this offer should not have been mentioned as I am buying a prereg car...

I can have exactly the same package but it will be 895 i.e. 50% more.  Frustrating seeing as this is an 18 plate car but such is the world of dealer incentives and discounting I guess.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: New facelifted model user manual download?
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 12:40:06 PM »
I don't know of a downloadable user manual for the Jazz ... you might find one for the Fit but it isn't quite the same

Re the speed limiter, there's a single button on the steering wheel which enables you to switch easily from cruise control to speed limiter to "intelligent" speed limiter. Personally I don't use the latter having had some embarrassing incidents when it's misread the road sign.
Just posting this to illicit some comments. Those of you with long memories will remember that for the first two winters after I bought my Jazz my car had an issue with morning starts (despite being garaged overnight) whereby the initial turn over RPM was very low for a half a second or so before picking up to a more sensible cold idle. On a few occasions the engine failed to ignite at all or cut out.

It always started just fine on the second attempt and almost never caused a problem in the evening (despite being parked outside all day).

But this last winter it has been absolutely fine. Started first time and went straight to a sensible RPM. I'm not aware of anything the dealer might have done to it and they always failed to provide an explanation or advice about it. However there is one thing that has changed that might (big '?' about that) be relevant.

It was suggested that relative humidity might be a problem and that I should try running a dehumidifier in my garage. Well..I did almost do that :)  I already had a dehumidifier that I used when drying clothes indoors. I also occasionally used it in winter to reduce condensation on downstairs windows. I wouldn't say that I had a damp house but when you have double glazing a little condensation is normal I'd say. So this year I decided to run the dehumidifier for the entire winter. It certainly had an effect inside the house because I never had any condensation on internal windows - not even in the corners.

What I'm wondering is if it could actually have dried out the garage as well. I'm sceptical because although the garage is integral to the house there's no access other than the main door. So for the dehumidifier to be the solution to my engine woes it would mean the dehumidifier must have been able to pull moisture through brick walls. I'm sure that's possible with the right equipment because water does move around but this is only a portable dehumidifier.

Thoughts anyone?

We run an Ebac 3850e smart dehumidifier all year round, and it keeps the house lovely and dry, towels dry quickly  in bathrooms and bed clothes always keep nice and crisp. Condensation and mould are a distant memory.  Costs between fifty and a hundred pounds a year to run and because walls are nice and dry I reckon it saves quite a bit more than that in heating costs.  Also dries clothes using much less energy than a tumble drier.

I originally started using a dehumidifier many years ago when I found out I had an allergy to dust mites (their droppings) they thrive in damp conditions but cannot live in a dry house.

A dehumidifier will suck water out of walls, and bricks will transfer moisture from one room to another.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: "My Honda" dongle & app
« Last post by donerkebab on Today at 12:21:17 PM »
Again from the Facebook scandal nothing is truly free - still waiting for news on when if /when it will work on MK3 model
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / New facelifted model user manual download?
« Last post by mcderd on Today at 10:48:16 AM »
Hi All,

I am getting close to ordering an EX Navi CVT, I would love to have a read of the user manual to check a few things out, for example: how easy is it to turn the intelligent speed limiter on and off? Is this done through the steering wheel/stalk controls od do you have to go into the settings on the head unit to change form normal speed limiter to intelligent speed limiter?

I have searched but cannot find a downloadable user manual for the up to date UK model?

Does anyone have a link?

TIA mcderd
Just posting this to illicit some comments. Those of you with long memories will remember that for the first two winters after I bought my Jazz my car had an issue with morning starts (despite being garaged overnight) whereby the initial turn over RPM was very low for a half a second or so before picking up to a more sensible cold idle. On a few occasions the engine failed to ignite at all or cut out.

It always started just fine on the second attempt and almost never caused a problem in the evening (despite being parked outside all day).

But this last winter it has been absolutely fine. Started first time and went straight to a sensible RPM. I'm not aware of anything the dealer might have done to it and they always failed to provide an explanation or advice about it. However there is one thing that has changed that might (big '?' about that) be relevant.

It was suggested that relative humidity might be a problem and that I should try running a dehumidifier in my garage. Well..I did almost do that :)  I already had a dehumidifier that I used when drying clothes indoors. I also occasionally used it in winter to reduce condensation on downstairs windows. I wouldn't say that I had a damp house but when you have double glazing a little condensation is normal I'd say. So this year I decided to run the dehumidifier for the entire winter. It certainly had an effect inside the house because I never had any condensation on internal windows - not even in the corners.

What I'm wondering is if it could actually have dried out the garage as well. I'm sceptical because although the garage is integral to the house there's no access other than the main door. So for the dehumidifier to be the solution to my engine woes it would mean the dehumidifier must have been able to pull moisture through brick walls. I'm sure that's possible with the right equipment because water does move around but this is only a portable dehumidifier.

Thoughts anyone?
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Lost locking wheel nut
« Last post by culzean on Today at 10:37:50 AM »
The locking wheel nut has disappeared.
I would just get an ordinary nut. Most cars have alloys these days and theft of wheels has fallen dramatically. Most thieves would want a set anyway. Unless you regularly park where cars end up on bricks I wouldn't worry about it. My last car, the locking nuts were getting chewed up so I just replaced them with normal nuts. Never had any problems, and they were lovely restored alloys.

Agree, haven't used locking nuts for quite a while,  alloys are 10 a penny these days, and six months of the year I have winters and steel wheels on anyway.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: My New MK3 Jazz
« Last post by andruec on Today at 09:56:39 AM »
Definitely agree about the poor boot of the Mk3 - it's a major annoyance for me and I've often posted about it here. I actually need that underfloor storage (golf trolley wheels, shoes and spare golf balls) and with the weight of the rest of my golfing equipment in the main compartment I have to use a piece of MDF to support the floor. I was so disgusted that I scrawled 'Thanks Honda' on it with a marker pen.

Also agree that the auto wipers are not as good on the Mk3. On my Mk2 I could set the speed and forget about it. With the Mk3 I keep having to adjust the speed while driving along.

And yes, the fuel cap lever position is a silly and inconvenient change.

It's a pity about the sensor fault and I used to have a problem with engine starting in winter (curiously not a problem this time around).

I also don't think the infotainment unit is all it could have been but at least it seems you've been spared the hell of the 'won't boot up on startup' that so many of us had to put up with.

I also don't think the touch screen controls for climate control are a very good idea.

But what don't you like about the idle stop feature? It seems a shame for you to be constantly disabling it. It almost never causes me any problems and whilst it probably isn't saving fuel or reducing pollution by huge amounts it is helping. My only gripe with it is one you won't have in that on the CVT version you have to keep the foot brake pressed at all times to keep the engine off.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything