Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Jazz security.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 06:29:40 PM »
Just had an e-mail from Halfords about their range of vehicle security products, including steering wheel disc locks, bar type steering wheel locks and wheel clamps. As usual the new keyless security on vehicles that is fitted for convenience has turned out to be very convenient for criminals as well.  So now you have keyless entry but have to remove and fit a dirty great locking cover to steering wheel every time you leave it unattended - something that went out of use years ago with immobilisers and infrared fibs.  Progress eh........
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Windscreen cleaning
« Last post by Roddy0000 on Today at 06:10:31 PM »
Do you wash the car or have it washed by our East European friends? When they do mine they spray a small amount of cleaner on the screen and the wipers do smear afterwards and I got the same effect when I used Rainex
No not on this car...thanks for the info
« Last post by d2d4j on Today at 06:08:52 PM »
Hi

I think this topic has been asked before

I use water and newspaper. Cheap but very effective

Apologies if you mean washing screen whilst driving which is covered in flies smearing. I usually spray when a few splat hopefully before they dry out.

Many thanks

John
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: 30 mph to become 20 mph?
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 05:19:17 PM »
Found out a bit more about this. Local councils will be able to apply for a 30 mph limit on certain roads, but instead of a blanket 30 and having to apply for a 20 zone, it will be a blanket 20 with applications for a 30 zone.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: wheel alignment
« Last post by Rory on Today at 05:19:17 PM »
Fronts on daughter's 2014 EX were quite scubbed on the edges when she changed them due to overall wear at around 18K.  I had the alignment done and it was only marginally out.

Her original rear tyres were put on the front and they've just been replaced at 30K and again had scrubbed the edges.

She quite a "press-on" driver.  They were Dunlop SP2030's which are pretty soft and never lasted well.

« Last post by Jocko on Today at 05:15:42 PM »
I agree with most of the above and have used them in the past.
Currently finding this exceptionally good.
« Last post by davegreen55 on Today at 04:56:38 PM »
I think that as far as screenwash additives are concerned, you tend to get what you pay for.
I have tried some of the cheaper brands, but I usually stick to Autoglym or Decosol as I find that they are much better.
I also clean the screen with neat screenwash on a clean cloth from time to time.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 04:53:39 PM »
Hi, I have found that my windscreen is quite smeary when using the wipers, especially in the last couple of days. It looks like maybe some oil or fuel has gone onto the screen, used the washers on it, does improve slightly but never gets rid of it. It smears then goes clear if wipers not used but when on continuous tends to stay smeary. What do others use to clean their screen. Many thanks.

I find winter screenwash can smear screen, also as others have said rainex or similar does the same. I use turtle wax glass cleaner on inside and outside of windscreen. Adding meths or fairy liquid to washer reservoir may help,  but if smearing is bad you need to give the screen a good clean, try the dishwashing sponges with the white ( non scratch ) nylon on them as an initial scrub with cilit bang shower cleaner or similar ( non abrasive ) to get worst off and then meths or a proper screen cleaner like  turtle wax clearvue ? or similar.
« Last post by jazzway on Today at 04:48:41 PM »
I use Frosch bio spirit glass cleaner when they are real dirty. Otherwise just the car shampoo iím using. After that always a spray demi water with a microfibre glass cloth. Never strikes, never smear.

And yes make sure the wipers are clean too before you put them back on the window. ;)
« Last post by weeleyboy on Today at 04:09:02 PM »
Do you wash the car or have it washed by our East European friends? When they do mine they spray a small amount of cleaner on the screen and the wipers do smear afterwards and I got the same effect when I used Rainex
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10