Author Topic: 2015 Orchid Pearl White Honda Jazz Si  (Read 50669 times)

Chris_Music

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si
Re: 2015 Orchid Pearl White Honda Jazz Si
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 09:15:55 AM »
Bumper Update

I've used Clay Bar to get out the impurities, used 2 stage touch up paint on all the marks and scratches, waited 48 hours, then polished and waxed the bumper.
If you look closely you can still see the imperfections, but from a far, it looks pretty good :D!

Only thing is that now the boot lid and the bumper colours don't quite match. But I'll try and live with it, as I don't want to pay to have the whole boot resprayed  :'(

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 12:46:27 PM »
Agree I'd live with it , as after 2miles there will be road spray etc .

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 09:34:01 PM »
I ordered a Black Tailgate trim, as I didn't like the Chrome, and the Si is meant to have a black one anyway.

I thought I would try some Carbon Fibre Wrap as well.

But unfortunately it didn't quite go to plan. The hard part was around the wiper blade hole, which then made it difficult to do around that area. So I'm just going to leave it black:

I've got a load left over, so I might experiment with some of the interior trim.

Also, the Spoiler arrived from America. Genuine Honda Fit Sport Spoiler, same as the JDM Fit RS Spoiler. Cost me £100 inc shipping and import tax.
Just have to wait till pay day before I can get it resprayed :D

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 01:54:34 PM »
Black garnish now on the car, and I test fitted the spoiler to make sure it fitted ok, and luckily it uses the same holes as the smaller OEM spoiler I have on the car, so no drilling needed which is good :D!

Another modification i will be doing to the car is sound deadening.
The Jazz has too much road noise. It's better than my previous GD, but still not good enough in my opinion.
So I ordered some 2mm Silent Coat sound deadening panels, along with some 10mm Closed Cell foam insulation for the worse areas like the wheel arches.

I'm waiting on the 2mm Silent coat to arrive, so I thought I would put some 10mm Closed Cell foam insulation under the bonnet. I didn't want to go crazy with the stuff, I just did the areas that most people recommended to do.

The Standard insulation:

After removal and clean up of the surfaces:

Used some paper to cut out templates for the 4 sections, then outlined them on the insulation and cut them out:

Then fitted them to the under bonnet and replaced the original insulation:

I also put some spare insulation under the gap where the bonnet fastener is.

I don't know if it will make a massive difference or not, but I thought it couldn't hurt :)!

trevg

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 honda jazz ex
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 10:38:05 PM »
hi Chris, noticed the si badge on the front of your jazz, was this honda  or after market  . how much and was it easy to fit. many thanks Trevg

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2019, 10:05:36 AM »
hi Chris, noticed the si badge on the front of your jazz, was this honda  or after market  . how much and was it easy to fit. many thanks Trevg

Hi Trevg

I bought it from eBay for £3.89 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222997190130.
The quality is surprisingly good considering the price.
It was a little fiddly to fit, its easier to fit if you take the front bumper off, but I did it by feeding the bolts through the front grill and putting my hand through the gap in the engine bay to screw in the fixing nuts.

It really should've come with that badge as standard in my opinion, as the Asian market RS has the badge on the front and rear.

Hope that helps!

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2019, 05:25:04 PM »
Small Update

One thing I always thought The Jazz was missing is footwell lighting.
You can buy Kits for £20-30 on eBay, but I didn't like the colour options with those, and they don't work with the interior light switch.

So I set about doing it myself.

I bought a 1m strip of Warm White waterproof LEDs, 3m of Red/Black wire and I had some spare LED connectors from a past project, as well as an old LED interior light I had bought in the past, and didn't like the colour, but kept it just incase :).

First thing I did was remove the interior light:

Then I soldered the wire to the Positive and Negative connectors on the light fitting:

I cut all the correct lengths of LED strips I needed, and with the remaining LEDs, I made a light for the ceiling, so all the lights would match and be the same colour. I mounted 3x10cm strips to a piece of thin cardboard, and used the connector from the spare LED interior light to connect it to the light fitting:

I then soldered on the connectors plus a wire to go between the driver and passenger side and tested to make sure they all worked:

I then stuck the LED strips to the footwell plastic where the light would be shining from:

Now it all worked, next was the task of fitting it to the car, I removed the door seal and ceiling handle to route the cable to the footwell:

I put everything back and made sure it all worked. And here's the final result:

I will get some better pictures when it is dark.

Over all, I'm really happy with the lights, and they all work from that one switch, which is what I wanted.
Cost me around £5 to do, so saved a bit of money too!

If anyone wants to do this to theirs and has any questions, please feel free to ask :)

EDIT: Some night shots :D

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 07:01:00 PM by Chris_Music »

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 08:08:13 PM »
Hi chris

Looks lovely

Here are 2 pics that I did (with help from forum members)

Many thanks

John

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2019, 09:28:27 AM »
Hi chris

Looks lovely

Here are 2 pics that I did (with help from forum members)

Many thanks

John

That looks awesome. Is that the official Honda kit? I was surprised to learn that Honda actually offered a footwell lighting kit! And even more surprised that it was blue!

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2019, 01:32:34 PM »
Another Update

I purchased a Rhino Lip, after seeing how good it looked on Rhysfjf's Black Si.
They can be purchased from here: https://www.facebook.com/TheRhinoLip/

Overall, I would say the kit is pretty good. Though the instructions aren't great (I had to look online for more detailed examples), and they don't include enough Screws/push clips in my opinion, so I had to use some of my own screws/washers.

The front of the Si is particularly hard to work with, because of the sharp curves on the lip. It look me 4 hours in total, and by the end I wanted to throw the kit away because I thought it looked awful, but I waited till I put the bumper back on the car before I passed judgement, as I was looking at the bumper from underneath, which is not the angle you would be seeing it from normally. I'm glad I didn't throw it away, as when I finally got the bumper back on the car, I was really happy with how it looked.

My only real annoyance is that, because it's the same colour as the road, you don't really notice the lip. I upped the brightness a lot on the photos, as you could barely see it before! But at least I know it's there!

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2019, 05:59:49 PM »
Hi chris

Many thanks, it is just like your light strip but blue colour

I was thinking of a rhino strip but not decided myself. They do look good though

Many thanks

John

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2019, 07:31:53 PM »
Looking very good. It's nice to see a modded Jazz--not too many on this forum. 8)

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2019, 09:45:46 AM »
Hi chris

Many thanks, it is just like your light strip but blue colour

I was thinking of a rhino strip but not decided myself. They do look good though

Many thanks

John

The Rhino strips are good, but they are a nightmare to fit, I pre-warn you!!

Looking very good. It's nice to see a modded Jazz--not too many on this forum. 8)

Thanks, yes they are few and far between! It's a shame, because they are a really nice car, and My Si gets a lot of looks, but I feel the Jazz is one of those cars that people like, but don't want to admit they do, haha!
But it also means I can park it on the streets of London, and not have to worry about someone trying to steal it!

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2019, 10:47:29 AM »
Big Update

So I finally got my spoiler back from the body shop, after taking it to one bodyshop who did a crap job (paint reacted), and I asked them to redo it, kept saying it would be done next week, next week, next week, kept discounting the price, and eventually said they would do it for free because I'd been waiting so long. Two months of waiting, one day the guy just says take it back, I don't have time to work on it. So I ended up taking it to a different bodyshop, who had it done in two days:

Bought some adhesive foam strip as well to replace the factory Honda ones:

Because my Boot roof has a different colour to the rest of the car, Premium White Pearl, instead of Orchid White Pearl (see first post for explanation), I didn't like the idea of the spoiler and boot roof being noticeably different colours, and I didn't want to pay to have it resprayed, so I had an idea.

Here you can see the colour difference, though I feel it looks more noticeable in real life:

Back in my younger days on the modified car scene late 2000's, the Honda Civic EK9 Type R was reaching the 10 year old mark, and didn't need an expensive SVA test to be imported into the UK from Japan, so they were starting to flood the market and appear at Japanese car meets. And most of them came in the lovely Championship White, which was always so beautiful, as White cars were rare back in 2007, (now white cars are absolutely everywhere), and you definitely couldn't get a white Honda! And the spoiler on the EK9 had a Matte Black base plate, and I always like the black and white contrast this gave. Like so:

So I bought some Matte Black Vinyl Wrap from Amazon for £6.99 and thought I would have a go at wrapping the boot roof.

I cut the vinyl down to size:

Then set about slowly and carefully applying it to the boot roof. I only used a heatgun and squeegee for the harder areas, everything else I just took my time and used my fingers to smooth it down onto the boot roof, which I felt made it a lot easier.

Then using a hobby knife I cut off the excess and folded it around, and the final result came out even better than I had hoped for!

Then all that was left was to fit the new spoiler:

I'm very happy with how it turned out, and I feel the 'look' of the car is finally complete.
Honda really should've included this spoiler with the Si as standard from the factory, as it just looks odd without it.

If you look at the Japanese Market Fit RS and Asian Market Jazz RS, they have the same kit as the UK Si, but they have the spoiler.

For now, this is all the outside modifications I want to do on the car. In a couple of weeks I will be stripping out the entire interior to lay down Silent Coat sound deadening to make the interior whisper quiet (hopefully).

After the success of the vinyl wrap on the boot roof, it's making me tempted to buy either some Matte Black or Gloss Carbon Fibre wrap and do the front bonnet. But I'm going to sit on that one and think about it.

For those of you who like the look of the spoiler and want to get one for your self. Go over to eBay.com (US eBay), and type in the search bar: 74900-TK6, and it should come up.
I was lucky enough to get one for £100 including shipping and import duty.

You can get copies from China/Taiwan, but I can't speak for their quality compared to the genuine article.

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2019, 09:28:12 AM »
Just a small update, but something I've been wanting since I first bought my Jazz Si.

I really wanted a set of the Special Edition Jazz Si mats to go in my Si, but I couldn't justify spending £60 on a set of new mats just because of the Logo, when my standard Jazz mats did the job just fine.

So I set a notification alert on eBay to let me know when a used set came up on eBay, and 6 months later, a set finally came up, and i paid £21 for them. The drivers mat has quite a bit of wear underneath, but you can't really notice it on the top, so I'm not too bothered.

Really love the logo and the white stitching! I don't know why these didn't come with the Si as standard!

Tags: