Author Topic: FR-V  (Read 1290 times)

valleyjazz

• Approved Member
FR-V
« on: August 28, 2018, 04:15:30 PM »
Our current car, Vauxhall Mokka is coming to the end of it’s PCP and am considering what to do next. I will not be keeping or replacing it with another one.
Whilst it has been faultless and a joy to own, it is no longer suitable for my needs(we live close to Heathrow and have many friends and family using us as a long term car car park and taxi service, and the Mokka struggles with more than one large suitcase and Mum,93 struggles to get on board).
One thought is to get hold of  a FR-V, auto, and replace our 16year old Jazz with a new one. Have scoured the web and there  does not seem to be much info on the FR-V to be found and was wondering if anyone has had any experience, observations or comments on them.
Other thought is to get a PCP HR-V and soldier on with the jazz
Thanks in Advance for your input

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: FR-V
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 04:59:59 PM »
The Mokka is built on the same platform as the Vauxhall Viva and Chevrolet Spark, so space is never going to be their best asset.

Haven't owned a FR-V, but we did look at them as a replacement for our other car, a large petrol MPV. They're a bit of an oddity, quite wide because of the 3x3 seating - the only other similar thing is the Fiat Multipla. The petrol autos aren't too bad on fuel, mid-30s I believe, but the road tax is a bit heavy at £290. They seem to be as well put together as any other Honda, but even the last ones are getting on for 10 years old now.

We ended up having a whirl with a more conventional large diesel estate that does 60mpg, costs £30 a year to tax, 160bhp and goes like the clappers, but I miss the high up driving position and ease of access of the old car.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 07:07:42 PM by sparky Paul »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: FR-V
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 08:37:08 PM »
I've got the HR-V and the boot is a bit bigger than that for the Jazz. Also note that the Mk 3 Jazz's boot is no bigger (might even be smaller) than the Mk 2 due to excessively generous rear seat leg room (this might have been a design decision to avoid having to remove the rear seat headrests before the rear seat could be flattened). The HR-V's seats and roofline are also a little higher than the Jazz so easier for the older folk to get in and out.

I suggest that before considering a new HR-V see if you can find a good deal on an ex-demonstrator https://usedcars.honda.co.uk/en/used-cars/approved-cars .
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags:

anything