Author Topic: Help! Struggling to find SRS reset plug under steering wheel 2009 1.2 SE  (Read 1272 times)

zvba010

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.2 Honda Jazz I-VTEC SE
When I bought my 2009 1.2 SE the airbag light was on but dealer said it just needs resetting.

I found easy reset videos for pretty much every Honda model except mine! Under steering wheel where fuses are etc there is no plug such as the one in this video:

Does anyone know if this method works on my Jazz, and where the reset plug is located?

Cheers

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Welcome. The On Board Diagnostics plug is to the left of the steering wheel under the parcel shelf, however, as far as I am aware the standard code reader cannot reset air bag warnings (happy to be corrected on that) and you would need a garage with the suitable software and hardware. Any auto electrician could do that. Be aware that the light normally comes on to show there is a fault. My Volvo SRS light came on but resetting it only worked for a few days. I eventually had to go to an auto electrician who replaced a faulty plug in the wiring loom.
I think your dealer was pulling a fast one saying it just needed reset. If so, why didn't he do it?
Be aware that it is an MOT fail, and to use a car with the light on is to use an un-roadworthy vehicle.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
As Jocko says, it's likely there is a fault, most common problems are seat wiring or steering wheel squib.

To reset the fault, you will need someone with a later version of Honda HDS, or one of the more comprehensive pro diagnostic tools.

The early Honda HDS tool I use will reset SRS, but it only covers the pre-2008 mk.1 model.

Tags:

anything