Author Topic: Short measure at the pump?  (Read 3999 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Short measure at the pump?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 09:54:05 PM »
There is absolutely nothing wrong with supermarket petrol. I have used it, almost exclusively, for the last 30+ years.

https://www.allstarcard.co.uk/this-matters-fuel/fleet-news/supermarket-fuel/

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2018, 08:24:40 AM »
It seems you had to queue in a line and the front of the queue went to the next available pump. The next in line had to wait in the single line queue until a pump became available and so on.
This might be acceptable if they policed it so that the queue moved efficiently. It’s particularly infuriating when the car at the front insists on waiting for a pump on the same side of their car as the filling point. There is no reason for this, hoses are long enough to reach across to the other side of the car without dragging across the bodywork, but yet these idiots will hold everyone up unnecessarily despite there being pumps available. The same folks are usually the ones who create further delay by queuing to pay at the cash desk when “Pay at Pump” is available. Grrr !

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2018, 09:29:03 AM »
It seems you had to queue in a line and the front of the queue went to the next available pump. The next in line had to wait in the single line queue until a pump became available and so on.
This might be acceptable if they policed it so that the queue moved efficiently. It’s particularly infuriating when the car at the front insists on waiting for a pump on the same side of their car as the filling point. There is no reason for this, hoses are long enough to reach across to the other side of the car without dragging across the bodywork, but yet these idiots will hold everyone up unnecessarily despite there being pumps available. The same folks are usually the ones who create further delay by queuing to pay at the cash desk when “Pay at Pump” is available. Grrr !

Be surprised how many people don't realise pump hoses are long enough to reach both sides,  also trouble with queuing in a single line is that some traffic ends up on the approach road.   There have been so many cases of card fraud at service stations that I usually pay cash these days.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 06:55:05 AM »
Received the following email from Fife Trading Standards.

I get in touch to confirm that we tested Pump 3 U/L at Morrison’s Kirkcaldy with our calibrated measures.
It was found to be operating normally and delivering fuel well within the permitted limits of error for this type of equipment.
The operation of Pump 4 would not normally affect that of Pump 3 but we checked the onsite records. These confirm that no repair work has been carried out to this dispenser recently – pump closures can take place if there is a fuel spillage or the card reader is faulty, I am advised.
We will continue to monitor for any further complaints and revisit the site if further testing is required.
We haven’t received any other complaints to date.
For thoroughness, I have still to check the design documentation for this type of pump but this is unlikely to help account for your fuel  consumption discrepancy (If I do find an issue I will get back in touch).
On the evidence I have to date, I can only advise that any discrepancy in fuel consumption figures may come from a source other than the fuel dispenser.

At least they checked and kept me informed.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 08:40:33 AM »
At least they checked and kept me informed.

Indeed. I know that they do follow up these reports.

It's a bit disappointing that they didn't find something, though not that surprising given that they haven't had any other complaints. The implication that the issue probably lies with your car, or your maths, rather rubs salt into the wound too, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a one-off incident similar to the one I had with our local Morrisons.

It's the feeling that you've been diddled that gets to me the most.  :(

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 10:03:42 AM »
It's the feeling that you've been diddled that gets to me the most.
It is not the money that bothers me. It is the thought that 2 years of figures are corrupted, however slight. I am a bit OCD about my fuel consumption figures. I have been calculating and recording them, in one form or another, since 1978. !!!

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 10:08:04 AM »
It's the feeling that you've been diddled that gets to me the most.
It is not the money that bothers me. It is the thought that 2 years of figures are corrupted, however slight. I am a bit OCD about my fuel consumption figures. I have been calculating and recording them, in one form or another, since 1978. !!!

Me too! I wonder if we could get treatment for this ;D

Tags:

anything