Author Topic: Honda EV  (Read 4735 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
Re: Honda EV
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 08:30:29 PM »
I see the Honda Urban EV has been voted the Most Anticipated Launch of 2019, by readers of "What Car?".

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 05:00:14 PM »
I see the Honda Urban EV has been voted the Most Anticipated Launch of 2019, by readers of "What Car?".
I wait to see if it fufills expectations and has an affordable price tag. Four years ago the HR-V was given that accolade https://www.whatcar.com/news/honda-hr-v-wins-the-2015-what-car-reader-award/n11016 and proved to be a non-event (due to a combination of pricing, availablity and Mexican build quality). I hope the EV fares better. Honda needs to remind people that it's capable of producing excellent vehicles.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 05:06:36 PM »
The article hints at 100 mile range, I won't be going EV until they have a 300 mile range. There's also a Hybrid CRV but the fuel economy isn't great for a hybrid, they need to up the game a little.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 05:59:09 PM »
The article hints at 100 mile range
Is that the What Car article? The Honda link states that range has not been announced. 100 miles would be rubbish. None of the latest EVs are anywhere like as low as that. Perhaps Honda have shot themselves in the foot!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 09:55:16 PM »
Is that the What Car article? The Honda link states that range has not been announced. 100 miles would be rubbish. None of the latest EVs are anywhere like as low as that. Perhaps Honda have shot themselves in the foot!
Given that it's got "Urban" in the name I would have thought a 100 mile range would be more than adequate for the target market. More range = more battery = more cost and more weight.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 10:29:47 PM »
Given that it's got "Urban" in the name I would have thought a 100 mile range would be more than adequate for the target market. More range = more battery = more cost and more weight.

That's a good point. There will be - sorry there is - a market for short range EVs and this is shown by the very steady prices for 24 kwh Nissan Leafs. I've been following this market for a while and the initial steep depreciation for these vehicles has levelled off and they are hardly depreciating at all now. What people are latching on to is the "ideal second car" concept and a shortish range EV is, indeed, the ideal second car. 75 to 80 miles more than enough for school runs/shopping/garden centre etc etc.

So we may get a 2 tier EV market emerging with long distance vehicles coming on stream but shorter range and cheaper offerings will have a market.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 06:38:49 AM »
I'll grant you that. Just hope, for Honda's sake, that they price it competitively. As a second car it will have to compete with Fiestas, Micras and the like. I know it will carry an EV premium, but it cannot hope to compete unless it undercuts the new Leaf, Zoe and other longer range but small EVs.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 07:38:15 PM »
Honda just sent me these pictures. Car will be unveiled at Geneva on 5th March.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 07:47:11 PM »
I reversed the interior for UK viewers.

guest4871

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 09:34:05 PM »
How did you do that?  ??? ??? ???

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 11:41:51 PM »

Well that's me out. The outside is great but the inside looks like a throwback to the seventies with that Mini steering wheel and the formica trim. Yuck.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2019, 06:47:35 AM »
How did you do that?  ??? ??? ???
2 minutes with Photoshop.

Jeangenie

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 07:36:48 AM »
Whole thing looks too retro for my taste.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2019, 08:06:47 AM »
Reminds me of the 205 from the rear.

Tags: