Author Topic: Engine warning light.  (Read 1728 times)

Jazz man

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4iDSI
Engine warning light.
« on: April 08, 2019, 10:48:28 AM »
Having problems with the egr valve (juddering at low revs). I read on here that if you unplug the egr valve it helps with the judder. I did and it has.

The yellow engine warning light has since come on. Is this because of the disconnection and will it go out when plugged back in.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: Engine warning light.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 09:51:25 AM »
Having problems with the egr valve (juddering at low revs). I read on here that if you unplug the egr valve it helps with the judder. I did and it has.

The yellow engine warning light has since come on. Is this because of the disconnection and will it go out when plugged back in.

Disconnecting the EGR will put the engine management light on because it can no longer see the position sensor in the EGR valve.

If you reconnect the EGR, it should go off after a day or so of normal driving.

Jazz man

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4iDSI
Engine warning light.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 04:33:10 PM »
I took the egr valve off, hoping to see it carboned up. It didn’t seem to be, so I just periodically sprayed egr cleaning spray into it and where it attached to the engine. Had a little play with the valve and sprayed in there too. Left it overnight in a bit of a pool. Refitted with a new gasket and it seems to have cured the judder. I’ll not get too excited as I’ve read that it could soon return.

I’m getting into this diy car repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags:

anything