Author Topic: Oh Dear! Is this the beginning of the end for Honda? Only 3*/5  (Read 2173 times)

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Oh Dear! Is this the beginning of the end for Honda? Only 3*/5
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2023, 09:19:31 PM »
The future for drivers Jazz with motor bike petrol engine light weight built in max retail £11.5k. Form a queue.
Hybrid & electric vehicles are designed to sell your data on 10 times over, don't even go near how to put out a fire out in car park in a tunnel on board a ship/ ferry.
Journalists sometimes just copy to press release......

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2023, 04:26:16 AM »
 :D
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2023, 07:56:55 AM »
Sitting in an SUV, sports utility vehicle,   with room for your body size to expand is the same as being sporty?
I have a neighbour who drives his SUV a few hundred metres to buy cigarettes and then home again.
I have seen posters for a betting company that features people riding exercise bikes.  So betting is also active sport.  Unless you can bet on how soon someone who drives their SUV to a gym keels over. 

Rant over.  I am going for a walk.     
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Karoq

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2023, 11:47:59 AM »
I must admit that my last 3 cars have had active CC and I never use it. Perhaps because I rarely go far enough.
i did try it once on a long run and found it LESS economic than non use. The reason is that the car will keep at the requested speed come hell or high water, uphill and down dale. Whereas YOU driving can chose how you approach hills both up and down and let the car go into overrun downhill, saving petrol which the CC won't allow. 
As far as active safety features are concerned, emergency braking both at low and high speed are a must have. It saved me hitting a pedestrian on a dark afternoon, she under trees wearing black walking on the verge of a dark country lane with no footpath.
Lane keep assist is frankly a pain in the @rse and I turn mine off. Blind spot monitoring 10/10!.
Each unto their own.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2023, 06:38:57 PM »
What an interesting comment from “old user” - it wouldn’t be too far away for Honda to match a motorcycle engine to power the hybrid generator instead of a “ car engine “ quite a few 7 style kit cars already use mc engines . They have lots of power and revs but low torque which in our hybrid world is counteracted with the electric motor drive . Yes I’d buy a lighter no frills jazz with a 600 cc 80 PS motor cycled engines hybrid . How easy would it be to design out 100kg of weight … ?

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2023, 08:40:12 PM »
What an interesting comment from “old user” - it wouldn’t be too far away for Honda to match a motorcycle engine to power the hybrid generator instead of a “ car engine “ quite a few 7 style kit cars already use mc engines . They have lots of power and revs but low torque which in our hybrid world is counteracted with the electric motor drive . Yes I’d buy a lighter no frills jazz with a 600 cc 80 PS motor cycled engines hybrid . How easy would it be to design out 100kg of weight … ?
You know that the "downsizing" days died with WLTP? Only the older NEDC was in favour of smaller engines which in reality were inefficient to say the least! Since the inception of WLTP the maufacturer-stated fuel efficency is much closer to reality than ever before (depending on how heavy your right foot is)  :D
btw: The Jazz's Atkinson-cycle ICE is already highy optimized with an efficency factor of up to 40% whereas a motorcycle engine usually s optimized for revs and power.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2023, 08:58:20 AM »
Sounds like a range extender design to me, like BMW used to fit in their early 'electric' vehicles, before Toyota made all their hybrid designs open source.

Tags:

anything