Author Topic: CVT oil change - include the filter?  (Read 2284 times)

NewJazzyowner

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 Jazz HybridHX-T
CVT oil change - include the filter?
« on: February 21, 2019, 09:43:54 AM »
Hi all

I have read the great post about changing the CVT oil but there is no mention of changing the filter. I have the part number '25430PLR003' and it costs £35. (There are after market versions costing from £5-£15).
Dealer tells me that it is recommended to change at 30k miles but is left as an option for customers??

Has anyone changed this item and used one of the cheaper options?. My car has is 7 yrs old and covered 53k miles so thinking it might be worth it but would appreciate your views.

Thanks

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: CVT oil change - include the filter?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 01:30:52 PM »
Your car should have had three CVT oil changes by now. It is due every two years or 25k miles whichever is the soonest.
The dealer suggestion of a filter change at 30k doesn't tie in with this interval.
I have never heard of a filter being changed and I'm not sure that it is accessible from outside the gearbox.

Vic.

guest4871

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 03:40:23 PM »
Your car should have had three CVT oil changes by now. It is due every two years or 25k miles whichever is the soonest.
The dealer suggestion of a filter change at 30k doesn't tie in with this interval.
I have never heard of a filter being changed and I'm not sure that it is accessible from outside the gearbox.

Vic.

+1

NewJazzyowner

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 Jazz HybridHX-T
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 06:34:26 PM »
I know its had one. I got the car in June last year.

Now I know what the filter looks like I can see it just to the front left of the gearbox under the expansion tank between the rad and engine block. I've attached the diagram sent to me by the dealer.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 06:39:27 PM »
Yes that filter is for Hybrid models only, ask the dealer to show you on the Honda service schedule where it states optional status

Tags: