Author Topic: Cvt gearbox  (Read 2864 times)

Rivett

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 gg6
Cvt gearbox
« on: February 29, 2024, 03:41:19 PM »
Hi everyone and thanks for letting me join 
I have a question about the cvt gearbox, when we pull up at a junction or round about, when we start to accelerate the car seem to hesitate before picking up speed, ive had the gearbox oils replaced with the correct types of oil ,but it still persists.
Oddly enough it's only when turning left ,
Any help would be greatfully received, thanks in advance 👍

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
Re: Cvt gearbox
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 05:54:03 AM »
Do you use eco mode? It might be that the software makes the response slower. Disabling eco made the car respond faster. Eco sort of made the car think for half a second before actually starting to roll.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2024, 07:40:07 AM »
Hi everyone and thanks for letting me join 
I have a question about the cvt gearbox, when we pull up at a junction or round about, when we start to accelerate the car seem to hesitate before picking up speed, ive had the gearbox oils replaced with the correct types of oil ,but it still persists.
Oddly enough it's only when turning left ,
Any help would be greatfully received, thanks in advance 👍

If you have a 2014 car as per your profile, then it’s what’s referred to on this forum as a Mk2. You might get a better response over on that part of the forum:
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?board=48.0

If it’s a Mk3, then I think other CVT owners have commented about the cars being a bit sluggish on take-off (eg when trying to get into a gap at a roundabout); IIRC some have suggested using the sport mode helps. That’s from memory, which can be fickle, mine’s a manual box so I don’t have the problem. Try searching the forum to find the earlier comments.

jasonevans

• Approved Member
  • 1 Jazz and 1 Civic Type R - Life is good :-)
  • My Honda: 2017 Jazz 1.3 SE Auto in Orange :-)
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2024, 02:17:51 PM »
my 2017 CVT box has a slight delay when pulling away unless I'm rolling up to a junction / roundabout. Pretty normal fora CVT box .  My Toyota Auris CVT did the same.

Tags:

anything