Author Topic: No Power!! Help  (Read 1338 times)

IndieKat

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2006
No Power!! Help
« on: March 12, 2019, 09:27:39 AM »
Hello All,

I am by no means mechanically minded so hoping someone can provide advice. I have a 2006 Honda Jazz.

I have had an issue when driving along that the engine light came on the dashboard and I appeared to loose power in the car momentarily.

It started up again so thought nothing off it....

However when I went out to my car this morning there is NO POWER at all - the key wont unlock the door, no turn over no lights nothing.

My partner got someone local to jump start the car and it was fine took it for a drive all ok but when he turned it off again and tried to start back up same issue no power.

Any ideas what this could be? I'm hoping just a battery?!?

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: No Power!! Help
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 10:13:32 AM »
Sounds like a new battery is required but I would have the charging system checked to make sure it's charging otherwise you will be back to square one.

Also have the car checked for any fault codes as you said the engine light had come on.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 10:23:33 AM »
Most places that will supply and fit a battery will run a quick diagnostics check on the charging circuit, if you ask. Engine light may have been down to the terrible state of your battery, but as JazzyB said, worth getting it checked. But if it is going to cost big money (like a Honda dealer), I wouldn't bother. I had an engine management light one day and before I could do anything about it it went out and has never returned. Fault code, whatever it was, wasn't stored.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 10:53:02 AM »
Most places that will supply and fit a battery will run a quick diagnostics check on the charging circuit, if you ask. Engine light may have been down to the terrible state of your battery, but as JazzyB said, worth getting it checked. But if it is going to cost big money (like a Honda dealer), I wouldn't bother. I had an engine management light one day and before I could do anything about it it went out and has never returned. Fault code, whatever it was, wasn't stored.

yes get a new battery,  preferably a Yuasa.....
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Njazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2002 SE Sport
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 03:14:20 PM »
Yes get a new battery. Preferably a Yuasa like Culzean said.

I had a similar problem last year, changed the battery to a Yuasa and sorted.

Tags: